Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is money best spent ? on the roof or the stage 5 kit ??

Also looking into the new Stage 6

·
Registered
2018 Maverick X3 Max X rs Turbo R
32 Posts
I'm building out the new Rockford Fosgate Stage 6 kit a little at a time, but with the PMX-8DH (and PMX-8BB) as the head unit. The new Stage 6 kit includes an updated dash kit that is compatible with the PMX-8DH, but they don't highlight that fact very well. The new kits are due to be released around April, based on an email reply to one of my questions. I chose the PMX-8DH as I wanted a larger screen for the backup camera. I have the original Stage 1 dash kit available, but have chosen to design and purchase a custom center dash from ExtremePerformance1.

The new audio roof choices are nice, and certainly very simple to install. However, I will probably install an aftermarket cage eventually, and again, I wanted the larger screen than the PMX-2 or -3 offer. For some, there is a concern about adding that weight up high. For me, it's really just a concern about aftermarket cage compatibility and other preferences.

I'll stick with the under seat subs, "wake tower" and dash speakers.

Reactions: JAY55

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im worried about the Subs in Water and Mud sure they are warrantied but its a PITA to pull them out and deal with that

·
Registered
2018 Maverick X3 Max X rs Turbo R
32 Posts
im worried about the Subs in Water and Mud sure they are warrantied but its a PITA to pull them out and deal with that
Yes, I certainly understand that. We do most of our riding at the dunes, or on the occasional national forest road. If I spent much time in or around water, I'd reconsider the audio roof.

Cheers...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got the stage 5 RF, kicks hard with the dual subs. If I spend $3k for a system, it better have good low end. Cheers!

·
Official Site Vendor
7,904 Posts
Where is money best spent ? on the roof or the stage 5 kit ??

Also looking into the new Stage 6
I sell Rockford. Here is my take on this. Roof kits add a lot of high weight (raises center of gravity) and makes your rig unstable. Go with the Rockford. The sound is unbeatable unless you have a custom system. These are about as good as it gets for plug and play self install. I have the new stage 6 if you need one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts