Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get the rocker trim panels off? I can't tell if it's a tiny allen, push thru pin or what!? I need to un-twist lower net strap as it's hard for the kid to buckle & looks like crap! There a nylock nut on the back I need to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
If youre talking about the outside lower panel (where the rock sliders mount), you wont need to remove those to get to the seatbelt.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was able to take mine out (on Commander and Maverick) by just pulling the gas tank cover on passenger side and try on driver side.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
On my 2013 the passenger cover comes off, the drivers side was ran through the cover. Slip the cover up and out of the door area and there will be a Torx head screw aiming forward, no nut on drivers side, its captive. Passenger side has bolt and nut

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a max I think a little different. I have everything loose except for the fasteners under the rocker by skid plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I took my nets off when I put my skid plates on and it was really easy to get to from the under side after I took the stock skids off. they are a rivet and I just used a hammer and a chisel and it went right through them. when i tried to drill them out they just would spin

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
On my max I pulled the driver side net off and it was a little slow going but the outer rockers don't need to come off. I also pulled the driver side rear net loose to work on the clutch and that bottom floor comes up and out and theres a couple bolts and push pins and you can wiggle it out . Get some Push Pin Pullers they make Pulling those bastards out a whole lot faster.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I Got them at a parts House. I think most Napas or Parts Houses will have them or Harbor freight, Look in the Body panel section or interior panel pullers. Take a Pin with ya if needed to get the right size they are small.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts