Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2019 Sport 1000R, installed a light bar...can’t figure out how to get the switch panel off to install a rocker switch. I searched the forum but didn’t come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats on the new unit.

The where you put the switch should be a blank just take a little flat head a push the tabs down and push it out from the back.

The scented switch Consol is probably the worst one. I think it's also got some locking tabs around it to removed the assembly.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ, congrats. Yes, as Sportcan60 explained, you should have at least a blank somewhere. Just pop one out, and put the rocker switch in it's place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve got two blank spaces, and I’ll give it a try. Just having a hard time getting my hand back there or a stubby screwdriver to depress the tabs. I don’t want to pry too hard from the front and end up cracking the panel the switch’s are mounted in. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
10,616 Posts
I’ve got two blank spaces, and I’ll give it a try. Just having a hard time getting my hand back there or a stubby screwdriver to depress the tabs. I don’t want to pry too hard from the front and end up cracking the panel the switch’s are mounted in. Thanks for the info!
Very small flat blade screwdriver. Take your time, and go slow. You shouldn't have an issue.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I used the pry method from behind on my former MavT and the switch blank fought me, finally coming out quite a bit distorted. On current MavS XRC, I simply popped off the entire switch panel off (very carefully) which provided ideal access. On MavT/MavS platform, the switch panel is secured to the dash with plastic blades on that engaging mating metal inserts at top with plastic locator pins at bottom. Be gentle and all should go well, however if in doubt - please continue using the pry method. Removing as I did provided superior access for wiring spade terminal bridges to power my switched accessories.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts