Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
I got the sliders from Can Am when I bought my Maverick. They were around $160 after discount I believe. they saved my machine some damage several times in Moab this last May. Need to get some for the Max once I get it but nobody has any accessories for that thing yet.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I bought the regular one from CanAm. I haven't put them on yet because it looks like you have to drill a hole in the frame. Do you have to drill a hole in the frame?

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
image.jpg No, the hole is there. You can see it from underneath. they are like 19" apart. Drill a small hole back through toward the outside, use a flashlight to see how centered you are and waller it with a die grinder to achieve center. Then you can use the hole saw to plunge into the plastic. I didn't do that. I found center and offered up the bar for fittment, tightened, used a scribe to lightly mark the outer hole, removed and used my die grinder with a blunt carbide burr to create the hole. Now when I offer up the bars, they will hang there with no bolts because the tolerance is super tight, then install bolts with blue loctite and finalize, like I said "challenging" to do it right otherwise the hole will be a wee bit big and mud will hang around the bar hole, hope this helps

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Now that I think about it you could just forget about the big hole and sandwich the bar, plastic and frame if you wanted but the bolt might have less threads

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The Commander sliders are different from the maverick's. Is that what you're possibly looking at. Mannders come up a lot higher in the back.

·
Registered
728 Posts
View attachment 2793 No, the hole is there. You can see it from underneath. they are like 19" apart. Drill a small hole back through toward the outside, use a flashlight to see how centered you are and waller it with a die grinder to achieve center. Then you can use the hole saw to plunge into the plastic. I didn't do that. I found center and offered up the bar for fittment, tightened, used a scribe to lightly mark the outer hole, removed and used my die grinder with a blunt carbide burr to create the hole. Now when I offer up the bars, they will hang there with no bolts because the tolerance is super tight, then install bolts with blue loctite and finalize, like I said "challenging" to do it right otherwise the hole will be a wee bit big and mud will hang around the bar hole, hope this helps
This helps! I guess I will put mine on. Thanks Max

1 - 20 of 24 Posts