Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Rock Knocker or Rokblokz

27K views 66 replies 30 participants last post by  2020RR 
#1 ·
Could anyone make a recomendation (Rock Knocker or Rokblokz) for 2019 X3 Turbo R X DS ?

Thanks

#3 ·
Always nice to have a set of knockers to play with out on the trail. I have the knockers , work great and a pretty good price on them install is about 5 mins.

#8 ·
I have a DS and wanted trailing arm protection as well. I ordered the V3 Rokblokz and FUTV trailing arm guards from Craig then fabbed up a bracket to make them go. Had to do a little cutting on the guard as well.

Attachments

#10 ·
Knockers.
Had the blocks but sent them back.
Knockers are simpler and heavier duty in every way.
I do dislike things with lots of little brackets and bolts. Not an elegant solution.

#11 ·
You cant get any simpler or easier instal than the knockers

Reactions: guyfucci
#13 ·
Rokblokz, the original. I do not support anyone who rips off a "competitor's" concept.
My RokBlokz are holding up fine, scared but the brackets are solid as new.
I see the knock off Blokz company is now copying the other Rokblokz products. Pitiful.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#14 ·
AZ curious on what their copying , I don't like people hysting others products either that why I have an amazing aim belt temp gauge, I looked at s3 ,lsr knockers saw a vid on knockers and thought they were the simplest design and a mom pop shop from pho. I want to stay clear of copy catters

#17 ·
Can't speak for RokBlokz, but I recently installed the Rock Knockers, and it seems like a good, quality product. Who doesn't like a good set of knockers?

#19 ·
Rock knockers all the way. say goodbye to field machining wheels with rocks. Their mounts work perfect with any modification you plan to do. You dont have to worry about trailing arm/ skidplate combos and they are also much quieter than the plastic rockblokz. I also feel longevity wise the rock knocker materials will outlast the rokblokz

#20 ·
Just put the double D rock knockers on our x3 turbo. Super easy install and they are heavy duty. They came highly recommended several x3 owners.

#23 ·
I wanted to update this, I installed Rock Knockers and took a day trip to WindRock.

I must say I’m not impressed with them...one bracket bent badly and wore off the paint on the trailing arms. This happened with easy cruising (still in break-in period) on the easy blue trails.

Honestly I feel they are very overpriced for what they are, thick rubber and a bracket. The bracket may look thick and beefy, but I could bend it with my hands without much effort.

#30 ·
Here is both to look at:

#59 ·
I was thinking about getting some Rock Knockers for my new 2023 Max XRS turbo RR 72" with Smart Shox.
Are they worth getting?
Seems like it would suck getting rocks trapped in the rim and with Az desert riding probably bound to happen.

It has 32" tires from factory, any issues with these getting caught on tires or anything?
Was thinking the pro model with the double sheer brackets, are they too large?

#32 ·
Double D is my choice for yours. You can always cut them down a little. Here is a list to look at.

#34 · (Edited)
I dont have either and I am looking at getting some. here are my impressions
what I LIKE about rokblokz:
-they cover both side of the trailing arm so i feel it could help from rocks coming from the opposite front tire.
-better looking than knocker semi-truck rubber flap.
-closer to the wheel so again i fell it would protect more from rocks bouncing under the flap.
what i DON'T like:
-they dont cover the front of the trailing arm so the front will still be sandblasted.
-being stiff and angled like this, it will probably bend or break if you back up in bushes or log or whatever is on the ground in the forest
-being stiff and angled like that, it wont stop the rocks momentum it only deflects so it could deflect it on the ground and the rock could bounce back up in the wheel ( in theory)
-might make removing the belt cover more difficult

Rock knockers
-installed in front of the trailing arm so no sandblasting of the whole arm
-loose and flexible so no problem of breaking them when hitting obstacles or backing up in stuff.
-loose and flexible so they probably help to stop the rock momentum and instead of just deflecting them somewhere else on the car
-probably more quiet than the rokblokz

DON'T like
- being real far from the wheel i feel some rocks thrown from opposite front wheel mont be stopped.
-from pictures i saw, there is often a gap between the trailing arm and the knocker so maybe rocks could go through
-no inside arm protection to prevent sandblasting of the rear part where it curves.
-mounting location looks like it will be a pain to clean if you catch some mud
-ugly...real ugly...did i say ugly? looks like a semi flap with those naked girl silhouette on it hahaha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.