Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Rock knockers all the way. say goodbye to field machining wheels with rocks. Their mounts work perfect with any modification you plan to do. You dont have to worry about trailing arm/ skidplate combos and they are also much quieter than the plastic rockblokz. I also feel longevity wise the rock knocker materials will outlast the rokblokz
I have the rockblokz set installed on my 19 turbo R DS and I am concerned about the durability of the plastic pieces because they scrape pretty badly on the roots and rocks up here in Washington trails. The material used on the rock knockers will handle more abuse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the knockers and love em I ride mountains and gravel pits, been rock crawling they scrub right over no problem. They are quiet as well I don't hear anything hitting my arms as I do before. Easy install, I mean super easy install.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wanted to update this, I installed Rock Knockers and took a day trip to WindRock.

I must say I’m not impressed with them...one bracket bent badly and wore off the paint on the trailing arms. This happened with easy cruising (still in break-in period) on the easy blue trails.

Honestly I feel they are very overpriced for what they are, thick rubber and a bracket. The bracket may look thick and beefy, but I could bend it with my hands without much effort.

·
Official Site Vendor
6,774 Posts
I wanted to update this, I installed Rock Knockers and took a day trip to WindRock.

I must say I’m not impressed with them...one bracket bent badly and wore off the paint on the trailing arms. This happened with easy cruising (still in break-in period) on the easy blue trails.

Honestly I feel they are very overpriced for what they are, thick rubber and a bracket. The bracket may look thick and beefy, but I could bend it with my hands without much effort.
Your Rock Knockers may be out of adjustment. Loosen the bolts and try moving the flap further away from the trailing arms.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your Rock Knockers may be out of adjustment. Loosen the bolts and try moving the flap further away from the trailing arms.
Thanks for the input, but were/are still 100% bent. Unfortunately I didn't snap a pic but before I bent it back with my hands it had about a 30-45 degree bend in and downward from the sway bar mount. I'll have to remove it and see if I can put it in a vise to get it straighter, but I feel it will eventually happen again with these.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went with the Knockers because if you woods ride and have to back over a downed tree they are free to move out of the way and not get hung up.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts