Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Speed racing Robby Gordon is going to release a 300 Hp 4 seater.
Might be kinda cool.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Those Speedcats are good looking. 300hp 4 seater will get everyone’s attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
I bet the 300hp version will be at least $80k all said and done.
We shall see how much at the Sand Show. His done up Speedcats with long travel, radios, wraps and everything else were in the 40K range last year. So 80K for a 300hp four seater is probably close.

·
Premium Member
9,263 Posts
We shall see how much at the Sand Show. His done up Speedcats with long travel, radios, wraps and everything else were in the 40K range last year. So 80K for a 300hp four seater is probably close.
I'm thinking more. $90K at least. Gordon's only in it for the money. They will definitely sell though.

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
I'm thinking more. $90K at least. Gordon's only in it for the money. They will definitely sell though.

and they will only make 40 of them, if something breaks your screwed and miss out on rest of riding season. I am sure a couple of guys that want to race would go this route.

No thanks

·
Premium Member
9,263 Posts
and they will only make 40 of them, if something breaks your screwed and miss out on rest of riding season. I am sure a couple of guys that want to race would go this route.

No thanks
You could do that sending your clutch out too, LOL!

IDK, I know one guy that bought a Speedcat XX, and they took him to Baja, and paid for most of the trip. It was somehow part of the deal when he bought it. That's really not too bad, IMO.

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
The speedcats all done up are pretty cool, but they better be for that price. But here is something I find interesting. I was a 2013 wildcat X owner. Back in 2015-2016, AC kept promising a new machine. The chassis design of the wildcat was good, it just needed stronger (not atv) parts and a new drivetrain. That is what everyone said and what everyone was asking for. The thing was just too under powered, and pretty much everyone seemed to agree on that. But, here are some interesting numbers:

2016 - Wildcat X to Polaris rzr turbo
91hp to 144hp = 53hp deficit

2018 - Wildcat XX to Canam X3
125hp to 172hp = 47hp deficit

2020 - Wildcat XX to Canam X3
130hp to 195hp = 65hp deficit

What I find interesting is the 2020 hp deficit. The 53hp deficit in 2016 was all people talked about. Why AC didn't just put new plastics on it and redo the drivetrain, I will never know. BUT, today's hp deficit on the thing is not only equal to, but it is greater today, at 65hp, than it was even in 2016. Yet, some people still say it is enough power!! Just blows my mind.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
Haven't they been having drivetrain problems ,breaking axles etc with a 125 hp, ?

·
Premium Member
9,263 Posts
Haven't they been having drivetrain problems ,breaking axles etc with a 125 hp, ?
Hit or miss. The axles weren't set up properly from the factory is the claim. More problems with the CVs slinging grease, but that was contributed to the rear axle problem too.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
It is a good lookigcar , ?? On the reliability I’d pass.
But would look bitchin sitting. In camp

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
The speedcats all done up are pretty cool, but they better be for that price. But here is something I find interesting. I was a 2013 wildcat X owner. Back in 2015-2016, AC kept promising a new machine. The chassis design of the wildcat was good, it just needed stronger (not atv) parts and a new drivetrain. That is what everyone said and what everyone was asking for. The thing was just too under powered, and pretty much everyone seemed to agree on that. But, here are some interesting numbers:

2016 - Wildcat X to Polaris rzr turbo
91hp to 144hp = 53hp deficit

2018 - Wildcat XX to Canam X3
125hp to 172hp = 47hp deficit

2020 - Wildcat XX to Canam X3
130hp to 195hp = 65hp deficit

What I find interesting is the 2020 hp deficit. The 53hp deficit in 2016 was all people talked about. Why AC didn't just put new plastics on it and redo the drivetrain, I will never know. BUT, today's hp deficit on the thing is not only equal to, but it is greater today, at 65hp, than it was even in 2016. Yet, some people still say it is enough power!! Just blows my mind.
The 130hp in the dirt is fine. The 130hp in the sand is not enough for the fun factor. Especially once you have tasted the joys of a turbo motor in the sand.

The Wildcat XX is one turbo away from being equal to or greater in hp than the Can Am RR. Remember when they announced the XX they also talked about a 200+hp turbo model. That Yamaha motor can yield some good hp numbers once you throw a turbo on it.

·
Premium Member
7,135 Posts
The 130hp in the dirt is fine. The 130hp in the sand is not enough for the fun factor. Especially once you have tasted the joys of a turbo motor in the sand.

The Wildcat XX is one turbo away from being equal to or greater in hp than the Can Am RR. Remember when they announced the XX they also talked about a 200+hp turbo model. That Yamaha motor can yield some good hp numbers once you throw a turbo on it.
I disagree on the dirt, after having 200hp in the dirt, I wouldn't want to go back to 130.

About the turbo, then why hasn't it happened? Its the same story with that entity, it has been the same story for the past 5 or so years. Over promising and underdelivering. Period.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts