Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while servicing my maverick this past weekend i noticed that the right rear wheel has positive camber. I have tried measuring from points on the frame out to the knuckle on both sides and i cant find any differences. i have also checked the lower a arms with a straight edge and i cant find anything bent. anyone else have an issue like this or any ideas what might be causing in. It is very noticeable and on the level floor if i hold a square up to the tire there is about a quarter inch gap at the bottom of the tire with the square touching the top of the tire.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Have you checked your wheelbearings?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes they are tight

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think there was any play in the bushings. I didn't check the bolts but it didn't look like they were moving at all. I will double check everything tomorrow before work and report back. There is a slight wobble to that wheel. Can't feel it driving but if you set something against the outer edge of the wheel and spin it you can see it. There is a small gouge in the wheel where I must have hit a rock or something. Maybe while taking a hard turn. I'm wondering if something is bent. I just can't see it

·
Registered
895 Posts
I put mine on an alignment rack at work and my rear camber was off a lot...so I then put 200 lbs in the drivers seat and it was better but not as perfect as I thought it should be, all my bearings and bushings are good too. no adjustments I could see. try to put someone in the seat and see if it looks better to you...fwiw

·
Registered
241 Posts
Mine is brand new with 1 hr and I noticed that both the rear wheels are off camber a bit, it was like that when I picked it up from the dealer so thought it was just normal!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
all the rear wheels on the mav are cambered , that's how u do it off road style !!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My left rear wheel has the normal negative camber. But the right rear definitely has excessive positive camber. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
All bushings are tight and a arm bolts are tight? Factory ride height?
I'm with Alex. Check your ride hieght.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are a few pictures. It seems much more noticeable in person. I don't think it's the ride height. Both rear springs are set the exact same if you measure from the top of the threads down to the nuts. Also even with the mav jacked up in the air and the suspension fully down it is still very noticeable

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya that's crooked , lol

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Here are the options:
-Wheel or hub is bent - unlikely
-Wheel bearing has play - you said it didn't have play
-Outer axle nut is loose
-Spherical bearings at the end of the a arms are worn out
-Control arm bushing are worn out
-Control arm bolts were loose and elongated the holes at the frame
-Something is bent

I'm sure I forgot one or two things but that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Alex. I'm going to try and narrow it down today if I have time before I go into work.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Had mine on an alignment rack sunday and only noticed the rh caster was 4* while the oh caster was 1.7*. From the factory or dealer the rear toe was way toed out making it look like the camber was off also. I currently have all the toes set at .05* for a total toe of .10* front and rear. Will see how that handles.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Don't be alarmed. The fabrication tolerances in theses I machines are not very tight. If you look over on utvunderground and look at the Burnett build you'll see the amount that these machines are out of plumb and square is astounding. I think the jig they used to tack and weld the suspension attachment points was directly next to a kegerator. It's sad but true. If it's not affecting the handling or performance of the car then turn your head to the front and mash on the skinny pedal. Carry on!!!!??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys! Looking back at old pictures of the mav it didn't look that bad when it was new. I just can't seem to figure out what bent. All of the hardware is tight and all of the bushings and bearings are tight. I can't find anything that looks bent either. I'm going to try measuring some more now image.jpg

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Mine started doing that. Actually it was the springs sagging. The stock springs are junk. Call Alex he'll get you fixed up in a jiffy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can still see the positive camber even with the suspension fully drooped so I'm pretty sure I bent something. Sure would be nice if it was only a spring sag problem but I'm afraid not. Is everyone's rear diff closer to the right side lower frame rail than the left side? image.jpg

1 - 20 of 45 Posts