Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usd my sxs mostly at the deer lease but I am wanting to get out and explore the riding areas within texas and the neighboring states. I am not into the whole mudding thing, I get all the mud I can stand either on the farm or out at the deer lease. I want to go ride either wide open spaces just seeing the country or higher speed trails. I see pictures of the places people get to ride like from montana idaho area down to arizona new mexico and I want to ride some places like that. The only riding place I have been is down south offroad in crosby, and I hated it. Looking for places I can ride all day and never have to go down the same trail. Something like that, hopefully I've painted a good enough picture for y'all to know what I'm talking about.

I appreciate any and all help with information about places to go ride. Also if I could find some people to go ride with at the places described, that would be great.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
September 19-21 a big group is going to Kermit, if y'all want to join. We will be going to Little Sahara in OK, the weekend of Halloween and then back to Kermit the weekend of Nov 7th. More than welcome us on those planned trips.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
And I'm sure there are many Red River trips planned. I hope to go on the next Muenster trip with some of the Noth Texas guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definitely want to get in on some of these rides. Unfortunately September 19th is also opening day for dove season so I can't make that one for sure. The two places you mention, Kermit and little Sahara, these are sandy dune areas?? I would probably need to get a set of tires for that or will the stock tires be ok?? Where up on the red river do y'all ride?

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
you don't need to buy another set of tires, I go riding at the Kermit dunes once a month and still run my stock big horns just fine. Im sure if I wanted to get into the serious fast pace or racing I would need them, but for keeping up with my buddies xp I do just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts