Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
My group is going in Late June this year. My be the last time going (said this 2 times already, lol). Planning on doing a ???? mile loop from Gorham to Pittsburg and back. 14 hr. Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
My group is going in Late June this year. My be the last time going (said this 2 times already, lol). Planning on doing a ???? mile loop from Gorham to Pittsburg and back. 14 hr. Day

Can that be done on one tank of gas, or are there stops along the way for food and fuel? I used to stay in a big motel/hotel in Gorham when my kids were small so I know it well. I'd be very interesting in joining you but my first grandchild is due June 28 so that probably won' t work.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Can that be done on one tank of gas, or are there stops along the way for food and fuel? I used to stay in a big motel/hotel in Gorham when my kids were small so I know it well. I'd be very interesting in joining you but my first grandchild is due June 28 so that probably won' t work.
Absolutely gas and food stops along the way. Usually 4-5 gas stops and come home with 3/4 tank after a 250 mile loop. Going for 300 moles this time. Congrats on the due date, hopefully comes early so you can ride. Lol.

·
Registered
2019 x3 turbo
30 Posts
The Jericho ATV festival is cancelled for this year . However the local ATV club is trying to put something together for this summer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
we did the ride up last year.. its a nice ride and a great view on a clear day.... i also did the cog train once in nov.. only got up half way and it was freezing! I'm hoping for a few rides in NH. one this summer and a couple in the fall

·
Registered
193 Posts
Did anyone go up to Mt Washington this month?
Most of my regular group is doing it this weekend. I'm considering going as a passenger, as I don't have tickets, but I'm leaning toward staying local, as I don't have a drivers ticket or a room reserved.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We are going Saturday and then heading up to Pittsburg for a few days.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm heading up to NH on the 26th. Staying in Jackson. Getting first service done near Conway in Profile Powersports. Also getting the registration there. Will then ride Sunday near Gorham.

Anyone know of off-roading for trucks around? I'm going up in my Ford Raptor (it's what pulls my trailer obviously lol) and when the X3 is in for service on Saturday, besides hitting, hopefully, the alpine slide at Attitash, which I haven't done in too many years, I'd love to do some off roading in the Raptor.

·
Registered
366 Posts
So am sitting eating dinner, Saturday evening, 8/28/21, in Jackson, NH. Rode up to summit of Mt Washington yesterday. Was fun. Today went to Jericho State Park only to learn in NH 65” is maximum allowed width and the trail heads are gated so wider won’t fit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 72 XRS and ride all trails up there and I fit with a bit of tire rubbing, I haven't been to jericho yet but carry a tape measure when unsure. A good source of mine in parks/ trails says Ballard's are 74 ish

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ballards are the steel posts next to the gates, if you ride to erroll and points north through 13 mile woods there are a few and I can get through without issues. Heading up next weekend to camp to finish some camp projects and ride.

·
Registered
366 Posts
he was so kind as to reply and help me that I did not wish to correct his spelling. It did fool me as I googled ballards and it is a park in southern NH. I think the fact he capped the "B" is what really threw me off, and the apostrophe. lol. all good.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts