Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was anyone up in colebrook/ Pittsburg/ Errol area this weekend? Did 220 miles over the weekend started in Berlin rode to Errol over to colebrook then up to Pittsburg and back to Berlin. Saw lots of mavs wondering if it was anyone from here? I was riding my 13 xrs and had a green arctic cat 700 riding with me

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is anyone planning any riding on the "Ride the Wilds" system this summer. I'll be heading to Pittsburg and staying at Lake Francis State park on June 5, 6, 7. My wife and I generally ride alone but it's always nice to meet new people with the same interests.

I was worried about the 64" width of the Maverick as well but just found this on the Ride the Wilds web site:

What are the size restrictions for OHRV's on the Ride the Wilds system?
The state law on property managed or owned by them, requires a width no larger than 65” or more than 2,000 lbs.

http://www.nhgrand.com/ride-the-wilds/questions.aspx#size

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is anyone planning any riding on the "Ride the Wilds" system this summer. I'll be heading to Pittsburg and staying at Lake Francis State park on June 5, 6, 7. My wife and I generally ride alone but it's always nice to meet new people with the same interests.

I was worried about the 64" width of the Maverick as well but just found this on the Ride the Wilds web site:

What are the size restrictions for OHRV's on the Ride the Wilds system?
The state law on property managed or owned by them, requires a width no larger than 65” or more than 2,000 lbs.

http://www.nhgrand.com/ride-the-wilds/questions.aspx#size
I haven't been up this year yet but put on 600+ miles on last year in that area and never had a problem, if you get off the main trails there will definitely some tight spots but nothing I've had to turn around from. Have fun up there lots of awesome trails in the Pittsburg area. Signage on the ride the wilds was pretty horrible last year dunno if they have made it better? After one trip I got the backwoods gps trail maps it's definitely not 100% accurate but has saved me more than once and great to get you to a destination.
Evan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
There is a closure that keeps us from getting north of Stratford, there is a 3 mile gap that has to be trailer-ed around so no way i can see to get to pittsburg/colebrook. This is a pic at Bear Bait Picnic Area.

That's too bad. Pittsburg/Colebrook has some very nice trails. I haven't ridden the Lancaster/Stratford area yet so I couldn't compare. Any trouble with any gates in that area? The NHGrand article that I sited previously is not entirely correct from what I was told by a Conservation Officer. He told me that 65" is only allowed in Jericho State Park in Berlin. 62" is the limit for state owned trails everywhere else. He also saw my Maverick and didn't bat an eye even after mentioning I might see some "tight squeezes with my 64" width".

·
Registered
71 Posts
Gates 3 or 4 of them from Big Rock Campground to Bear Bait appear to be 65" onto and off of private lands no issues just have to go slow, we are heading south today towards Groveton i will update later.

·
Registered
71 Posts
the trails are good south of Big Rock down to Mt Marion, hoping to go further south today. Need to look into Alex's shock upgrades its like riding a pogo stick in the rocks right now.

·
Registered
203 Posts
We camped at Coleman State Park and found a good trail up to the windmills on top of Dixville Peak. We took the Balsams trail and it was the steepest and rockiest I've taken the Maverick so far. Might have to invest in some skids and some taller tires. We didn't get any shots on the way up but took a few at end of the road.
Windmill Wind farm Wind turbine Wind Sky

Tire Automotive tire All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Off-roading

·
Registered
2019 x3 turbo
33 Posts
It's not really an event. It's the trail system. We ride NH all the time. Great trails, lots of sites. Plenty to explore. Trails are just starting to open up out there. Usually park in Berlin. You can go pretty much anywhere from there.nh is very ATV friendly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes. We travel up there a few times a year from MA. Lots of big trails, and the further you go north the better. They have widened the gates some too AFAIK. We do mainly Colebrook and/or Pittsburg, and no problems with KRX's, though no XRS's in our group, so not sure about that wide. There is an XDS Max that has no problem though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's not really an event. It's the trail system. We ride NH all the time. Great trails, lots of sites. Plenty to explore. Trails are just starting to open up out there. Usually park in Berlin. You can go pretty much anywhere from there.nh is very ATV friendly.
There is an annual event in Berlin in August, though it is crazy crowded and dusty, done it a few times. Also I heard last year there are more camping areas and trails opening up there.

But yes much of the northern half of NH, ATV's/UTV's are legal on many of the roads, it's tons of fun cruising around the roads and trails up there, (many, but not all of the locals) they are just happy to have us all up there spending money.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts