Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
definitely hope we can work something out and get a couple of us together. Make for a fun ride without a doubt unfortunately its a fairly busy year for me (Getting married) But cant complain to much instead of a honeymoon on an island I talked her into buying a maverick and go north for a week instead so I think shes a keeper.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
now thats a good woman!

·
Registered
104 Posts
We’ll be up there from June 5th thru the 12th. Staying at Connolly Cabins. Rented a cabin for the week. My Wife and I can’t wait. We haven’t been back for over a year. Lots of great riding up there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Benoit.. Maybe I'll tag along with you this weekend if you don't mind! Should be easy... Our machines are already loaded and hooked to my truck ;) lol

Anyone else headed up this weekend???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Probably gonna be staying at the 45th Parallel cabins in Stewartstown next Sat through Mon.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'll be heading out from back lake on Sunday and Monday. Staying at the north country lodge instead of the 45th parallel cabins. We oughtta meet up.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Had a great time riding up there. They didn't have any trail maps out yet when I was there. All the stores said they hadn't received them yet. Luckily I had bought the NH and ME GPS maps for my droid from backwoods gps, and it worked quite well. Definitely worth $40 if you are going to ride NH and ME.
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Sure is some beautiful country!

Reactions: UNDRPSI

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great picture I was just up on the Pittsburg end of the trails this past weekend. Unfortunately it rained most of the weekend. We should plan a ride some sometime this fall. Where in nh do you come from? I'm from the New Durham area.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'm up for it. It would have to be in August or September because the trails close on September 30th. I am in Newport. I rode some pretty cool trails this weekend in Warner, Henniker and Bradford. They were challenging and slow going for the most part, but a lot of fun. It'd make for a good day trip and is close by. I grew up in the area so I am pretty familiar with the trails. There is some decent riding here in Newport too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here in NH, we have opened the largest ATV park in the country. I haven't been yet, but will be spending some time up there this summer for sure! Check it out!

NH Grand : Ride The Wilds
i can say from experience...

memorial day weekend we did the ride the wild trail system.. we went from lancaster NH up to groveton, to north stratford, to colebrook, then over to errol, down to berlin and we ended in gorham... did this all in my maverick with some friends and their XP1K's. we did this over 2 days, and camped in coleman state park

looks all fine and good by the map but here is the reality...

lancaster to groveton.... no problem.. easy trails..

groveton to stratford... these trails are terrible. very rocky, not for beginner riders. they are very poorly marked, and are not scheduled to open for a few more weeks. dont trust any map... we stopped at 2 different gas stations getting 2 different maps, none of which were close to eachother, or the map online

colebrook/pittsburg.. riding is awesome

colebrook to berlin... easy riding, lots of logging roads, lots of go fast sections...

we never hit a gate we couldnt get my maverick or XP1K through...

best riding in NH is in jericho state park, and colebrook/pittsburg.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea September would be best for me. You run into and gates you can't make it thru down that way? Pittsburg didn't have any gates I couldn't fit thru but some rock barricades that where a little tight. you could put one set of tires up on the rocks to make it thru though

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

memorial day weekend we did the ride the wild trail system.. we went from lancaster NH up to groveton, to north stratford, to colebrook, then over to errol, down to berlin and we ended in gorham... did this all in my maverick with some friends and their XP1K's. we did this over 2 days, and camped in coleman state park

groveton to stratford... these trails are terrible. very rocky, not for beginner riders. they are very poorly marked, and are not scheduled to open for a few more weeks. dont trust any map... we stopped at 2 different gas stations getting 2 different maps, none of which were close to eachother, or the map online

colebrook to berlin... easy riding, lots of logging roads, lots of go fast sections...

That's some good Intel. I was in Pittsburgh and Colebrook and the riding was great, but the trail marking and maps (or lack there of) could still use some work. I just chalked it up to being only a couple of years since it took off and there is a lot of ground to cover. The GPS app I got before I went saved my ass! I think it is a great thing and all the local business owners I talked to up there said it has had a tremendous positive impact on the summer economy up there. I wish the rest of the state would follow suit by allowing some road riding to get to trails and services. I found one gate I couldn't fit through and a couple that were a tight squeeze, but all in all I thought it was some perfect Maverick riding country!

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's some good Intel. I was in Pittsburgh and Colebrook and the riding was great, but the trail marking and maps (or lack there of) could still use some work. I just chalked it up to being only a couple of years since it took off and there is a lot of ground to cover. The GPS app I got before I went saved my ass! I think it is a great thing and all the local business owners I talked to up there said it has had a tremendous positive impact on the summer economy up there. I wish the rest of the state would follow suit by allowing some road riding to get to trails and services. I found one gate I couldn't fit through and a couple that were a tight squeeze, but all in all I thought it was some perfect Maverick riding country!
Hey Group,

I am brand new to the forum and a new Maverick owner. I have been doing research about riding SxSs in upper NH and my research brought me to this forum. You guys have been a wealth of information. I am planning a ride with some friends in Coos County. I am very concerned about gates thinner than 64 inches. I also hear that all the trails close at the end of September. Is this true? Also, do they enforce the "No trail bikes" rule?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I wouldn't worry too much about the gates. It was pretty much a non issue for me. I was in the area between Pittsburg and Colebrook, which allegedly had the most narrow gates, and I got everywhere I wanted to go. I didn't see a single trail bike up there, and there were a lot of signs saying they are prohibited, so I wouldn't waste the gas getting up there to ride a dirt bike. The trails do indeed close on 9/30. It's a great time. I stayed at the North Country Lodge on Back Lake, and it was all good. I could ride to the trails right from the cabin. I would suggest downloading the trail map from backwoodsgps.com for either a GPS or smartphone. The trail markings leave a lot to be desired, and I could see one getting lost pretty easily. They probably have maps printed up by now, but there were none available when I was up there last month.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to my backyard....haha. ........anyway you should have no problems fitting through the gates some are tight but I've yet to find one that my rs or my brothers max can't fit through. As for the trail markings they can be a little confusing and poorly marked at times but have gotten better......it's a new trail system with a lot of changes still happening

So next time some of you guys come up let me know maybe I'll join you for a ride

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am still trying to plan a trip for Sept 20 weekend. (If anyone is interested)

I was checking out the map and trying to decide between staying in Colebrook or N Stratford.

How are the trails between N Strat and the dixville area?

Can anyone suggest a decent place to stay?

21 - 40 of 85 Posts