Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe the trails open that weekend but its all subject to change with mud season. I know that the snow is finally starting to melt up there friends camp in Pittsburg has bare ground but still big snow bankings so it could be awhile before trails officially open. Best bet would be to call a couple clubs up that way if you cant find the info on their websites. I know I am not gonna go up untill 2nd weekend in June because of mud season and my schedule
Evan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unfortunately its not a good weekend to meet up with anyone as its supposed to be a quiet weekend away with the fiance with some easy riding. Dont think she would appreciate the pace if i was with others, unfortunately she doesn't enjoy my fast trail riding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
definitely hope we can work something out and get a couple of us together. Make for a fun ride without a doubt unfortunately its a fairly busy year for me (Getting married) But cant complain to much instead of a honeymoon on an island I talked her into buying a maverick and go north for a week instead so I think shes a keeper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great picture I was just up on the Pittsburg end of the trails this past weekend. Unfortunately it rained most of the weekend. We should plan a ride some sometime this fall. Where in nh do you come from? I'm from the New Durham area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yea September would be best for me. You run into and gates you can't make it thru down that way? Pittsburg didn't have any gates I couldn't fit thru but some rock barricades that where a little tight. you could put one set of tires up on the rocks to make it thru though

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was anyone up in colebrook/ Pittsburg/ Errol area this weekend? Did 220 miles over the weekend started in Berlin rode to Errol over to colebrook then up to Pittsburg and back to Berlin. Saw lots of mavs wondering if it was anyone from here? I was riding my 13 xrs and had a green arctic cat 700 riding with me

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is anyone planning any riding on the "Ride the Wilds" system this summer. I'll be heading to Pittsburg and staying at Lake Francis State park on June 5, 6, 7. My wife and I generally ride alone but it's always nice to meet new people with the same interests.

I was worried about the 64" width of the Maverick as well but just found this on the Ride the Wilds web site:

What are the size restrictions for OHRV's on the Ride the Wilds system?
The state law on property managed or owned by them, requires a width no larger than 65” or more than 2,000 lbs.

http://www.nhgrand.com/ride-the-wilds/questions.aspx#size
I haven't been up this year yet but put on 600+ miles on last year in that area and never had a problem, if you get off the main trails there will definitely some tight spots but nothing I've had to turn around from. Have fun up there lots of awesome trails in the Pittsburg area. Signage on the ride the wilds was pretty horrible last year dunno if they have made it better? After one trip I got the backwoods gps trail maps it's definitely not 100% accurate but has saved me more than once and great to get you to a destination.
Evan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts