Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in NH, we have opened the largest ATV park in the country. I haven't been yet, but will be spending some time up there this summer for sure! Check it out!

NH Grand : Ride The Wilds

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm in! we could tri to set up a northeastern ride? It's about a5 hour drive for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
477 Posts
Mannn ...that sounds like a good time. Mite be a little far for me though.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plenty of lodging and campgrounds. Coos county (where the park is) opened the roads to ATVs during the riding season. 22 hours is a haul. I'd be staying at least a week if I was going to make that kind of trek. There are a couple spots with 62" gates up between Cole Brook and Pittsburgh, but there is plenty of alternate trails to ride.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We'll have to see how many we can get on board and nail down dates in the spring. There are a bunch of ppl on the commander forum that ride up there and are looking to get a ride together this summer. Maybe we can team up with them.

I'm in! we could tri to set up a northeastern ride? It's about a5 hour drive for me.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do. Hopefully we can get a good turnout. Maybe once we get some people to commit we can get a group rate on lodging.

·
Registered
338 Posts
We'll have to see how many we can get on board and nail down dates in the spring. There are a bunch of ppl on the commander forum that ride up there and are looking to get a ride together this summer. Maybe we can team up with them.
Sounds good to me let's do this..I got a couple friends that ride then other sxs...well have to see if they can keep up..lol

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are a few spots you can't get through gates. Worth the trade off to me to have the Mav for everywhere else. From what I have heard, the only area you run into the 62" gates on the ride the wilds trails is up between Colebrook and Pittsburgh. I have also heard talk of the Sugar River trail system widening their gates next year.

·
Registered
338 Posts
There are a few spots you can't get through gates. Worth the trade off to me to have the Mav for everywhere else. From what I have heard, the only area you run into the 62" gates on the ride the wilds trails is up between Colebrook and Pittsburgh. I have also heard talk of the Sugar River trail system widening their gates next year.
We can make it fit just gotta go on 2 wheels:what:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice rig! That's camping in style! There is more than enough riding up there to keep on new trails for at least a week or two. I imagine you would want to spend more than a couple days at it after an 18-20 hour drive. I will certainly keep this updated as to specific dates and such.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am looking to come up and check the trails over Memorial Day weekend. Will the trails be open by then?
Where is the best place to go, both to ride and to stay to see some of the nicer trails and scenery?
I have maverick xxc and would come with a couple friends on quads.

Thank you.

Benoit

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe the trails open that weekend but its all subject to change with mud season. I know that the snow is finally starting to melt up there friends camp in Pittsburg has bare ground but still big snow bankings so it could be awhile before trails officially open. Best bet would be to call a couple clubs up that way if you cant find the info on their websites. I know I am not gonna go up untill 2nd weekend in June because of mud season and my schedule
Evan

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well, I'll probably go on Memorial weekend if trails are open, if not, will go to Hatfield.
I should be able to come up 2nd weekend of June. May be we could meet up somewhere? I would get there late friday afternoon and return home Sunday. I think is around 5 hrs drive for me.

Benoit

·
Registered
17 Posts
Unfortunately its not a good weekend to meet up with anyone as its supposed to be a quiet weekend away with the fiance with some easy riding. Dont think she would appreciate the pace if i was with others, unfortunately she doesn't enjoy my fast trail riding.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts