Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone riding a Carolina Adventure World anytime soon.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
adding a lot of mods over Christmas, might go new years day if I can get off work

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes sir just found out that the 26 27 28 we will also have a group there. i would like to get a bunch of people to do a night ride. thats that the best part. to find me i will be in a maverick xmr1000 (IT'S BLACK AND YELLOW LMAO) i drive a blue dodge with a tailgate wrap for my dj company (charleston party rock entertainment)

·
Registered
640 Posts
I might be going this week or next , several times if the rain quits. Not really into mud!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've never done a night ride (well not intentionally). Got stuck out in the woods in deep mud years ago on dirt bikes which ultimately turned into a night ride back to the trucks. That was not fun and I found it to be pretty scary. I guess in side by sides it might not be that bad???

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am going to try to go today. If I can get away from yard work.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I made it to CAW today finally but only for a few hours. Was expecting mush but not real bad. There was a guy on a dirt bike who I never saw. Other than that, no one else there! Finally figured out how to catch trail 4. At the end of one section of trail 4, there is a wicked mean looking boulder covered hill climb that I decided was too much for this rookie. Lucky for me there was another trail right there. 31 I think. Anyone know that boulder covered hill and have you climbed it with a stock Maverick? I might go again Saturday but the last forecast I saw yesterday was for rain.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes you have to go thru a little dip that has water in it that is part of the little creek there. yes I bet it is bad now I made it in a stock rzr 800s. just keep you foo in the gas and don't stop you will have no problems. but if you take the 31 which I believe is on you left there is some good mud hole's back there. u end up in a pretty cool area.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK people I the (shepdogg) will be there the 26,27,28. we are going to do a night ride most of those nights. so come going the fun and have a few laughs. I know the park pretty good so we will ride and have a blast. I will be in RV spot 12. Come Say Hi.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanks Shepdogg! When I took 31 I was able to avoid all the mud holes on it... there were a few sketchy rock climbs at the beginning but I figured out easy ways up. Not ready to trash the new toy yet! Dealer told me another customer rolled his 6 or 7 times and totaled his new Maverick... don't want to do that! I think I will wait to see others successfully climb that steep rocky hill on 4. I will try to remember to get pictures next time I go there. On the bright side, the weather forecast is GREAT for Saturday!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most people get off of 4 at Mammoth Hill and continue down 31. It use to not be hard at all and you can still go up the very far right (hidden in trees and tight) pretty easily (did it a month ago on my Brute Force). But now with all the big 4x4's and such going up it, it has gotten dug out bad down to the solid rock boulders that you see now. A friend of mine went up it in his 900 RZR same day i did the far right tight section on my Brute. It looked pretty sketchy up near the top because of how the boulders are bigger and kind of in a stacked position. If you want to see someone go up it, meet us there Saturday and i'm sure my friend will try it in his RZR 1000 and i may give it a try on my dirt bike. I've climbed it before (about a year ago) on my dirt bike, but it's much worse now. If you do decide to climb it you need to get out and walk up the entire section and then back down to find your line. Most people don't do this and that's when you end up in a crash because you don't know the best line and come up on something unforseen during the climb and at that point it's already too late and you better pray you make the right split second decision before finding yourself in a tumble back down the hill!

·
Registered
640 Posts
I think I will just watch... I heal too slow at my age! I will try to meet you out there!

Reactions: shepdogg

·
Registered
640 Posts
I will be going again...off work until the 2nd ! Find some clutches! .... Trying to figure out how to put those gussets on now... came in to figure out where they go!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
come on megathumper we will ride out. i have about 5 are 6 other machine's in the group.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's ok Areed no worries

1 - 20 of 126 Posts