Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hearing the click, click, click from my RF CV joint, so it's time to upgrade to Chromemoly axels. The Rhinos are 1/2 the price and made from the same material. The cages are different, as Rhinos are stock configuration and Gorillas are of their own design. Can any one who has used either give input as to why they would choose one over the other? I believe the Rhinos are available from Super ATV, which is a supporting vendor, do I get a discount from them? Is there a coupon?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am hearing the click, click, click from my RF CV joint, so it's time to upgrade to Chromemoly axels. The Rhinos are 1/2 the price and made from the same material. The cages are different, as Rhinos are stock configuration and Gorillas are of their own design. Can any one who has used either give input as to why they would choose one over the other? I believe the Rhinos are available from Super ATV, which is a supporting vendor, do I get a discount from them? Is there a coupon?
I had to replace a rear outer cv and went with gorilla because of AReed's recommendation. I would talk to him.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm a firm believer at this point in stock axles with Gorilla outers
I take it the factory axles are pretty good, how common is the outer cv problem. I haven't rode mine any hardly and my right front outer cv is clicking when I turn all the way one direction the. again the other direction. Also what's the price on the gorilla outers.

Thanks
Nathan

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I run the outer CVs because gorilla made the threaded part .100" larger and they aren't breaking like the factory and all the other aftermarket axles

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey Alex, I found a place to buy some outers but all there listing is renegades, outies and commanders. Would the replacement outers for one of these work on the mav or are they different.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey Alex sent you a pm.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey Alex, I found a place to buy some outers but all there listing is renegades, outies and commanders. Would the replacement outers for one of these work on the mav or are they different.

Thanks,
Nathan
I had to call gorilla for just the outer cv

·
Registered
412 Posts
Rhino's are JUNK . tried them once in my commander , they never lasted through a weekend . the splined part that goes in the diff, is soft weak crap.
Twisted the first one off within an hr . tore front end down , got broken section out of diff, sent back for warranty.
Installed new one, REPEAT . sent back
Installed new one , REPEAT. SENT back for refund, didnt want ANY MORE junk.
Getting refund from them was a PITA, and by time they attached this fee and that fee , I got about 50$ back .

DONT DO RHINO"S or the other axle they sell .

·
Registered
211 Posts
Rhino's are JUNK . tried them once in my commander , they never lasted through a weekend . the splined part that goes in the diff, is soft weak crap.
Twisted the first one off within an hr . tore front end down , got broken section out of diff, sent back for warranty.
Installed new one, REPEAT . sent back
Installed new one , REPEAT. SENT back for refund, didnt want ANY MORE junk.
Getting refund from them was a PITA, and by time they attached this fee and that fee , I got about 50$ back .

DONT DO RHINO"S or the other axle they sell .
I have to agree with this sentiment. I replaced the stock axle in my Commander with a Rhino axle and the clip on the inner spline sheared off inside the differential and I spent hours and hours trying to get it out. In the end, I had a mechanic from the dealer fix it for me at his home on his own time but it was a huge PITA! I, however, didn't have any trouble getting my money back from Super ATV but I won't ever try one of their axles again.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Materials may be the same but heat treat is key. I called about the Rhino axles and they couldn't tell me any specifics about the material, the heat treat or the size of the threaded section on the outer CV and they had zero desire to look into it for me.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Why any axle manufacturer builds a Maverick axle without increasing the size of the thread is beyond me. Gorilla is in the sport and cares about the sport and it shows.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alex, where can the cv ends be purchased, and how much are they? Also then if the factory axels are decent I should be able to run these in the rear with no issues?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does anybody know why a rhino axle for the rear will not work with a super Atv 3in lift? I bought one for a spare awhile back and just noticed on there site that they said it will not work with the lift, which I have...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts