Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I had to replace my stock front left axle with a rhino because the cv joint broke. First ride with it the axle popped out. We tried to put it back in only to have it pop out again. Long story short...Found an oem axle an hour away and immediately noticed it was about an inch longer than the rhino. I've seen other complaints about this but wanted to know the best solution for a maverick max. Don't want to ruin another trip. Any advice? Thanks!

·
Vendor
637 Posts
Hey guys. I had to replace my stock front left axle with a rhino because the cv joint broke. First ride with it the axle popped out. We tried to put it back in only to have it pop out again. Long story short...Found an oem axle an hour away and immediately noticed it was about an inch longer than the rhino. I've seen other complaints about this but wanted to know the best solution for a maverick max. Don't want to ruin another trip. Any advice? Thanks!
Sending you over a PM. Need the name the axle was ordered under to see if you received the correct axle.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Never had a length problem, but I've had very bad luck with rhino axles. Went through first one with less than 1 mile on them. Second one, came apart in my hands, was doing a manly display of strength, expecting a laugh, instead the assembly came apart (to even much bigger laugh). Third one lasted 5 minutes on a ride, 4th, I took out, and then preceded to pull apart by hand.

Went to a local auto parts/ repair store asked if they had any c-clips of the rhino size, they did. Replaced all the c clips on them and the axles have been solid ever since.

These were on a commander, but would expect the same problem with them on maverick.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Rhino axles are total junk. Not worh the time of install, then limp home from next ride, then tear apart AGAIN to remove broken stub axle.

I wouldn't put anymore in mine if they were FREE

·
Registered
223 Posts
Any one know the size OD , ID , Width of the rear axle bearing in the trailing arm. or aftermarket bearing number.??
Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
You might want to check out our "Axle Stenders"
Highly recommended for Bracket lift kits using stock OEM axles and all aftermarket axles for the same application.
The use of the Stenders effectively lengthens the Axle by a nominal .200" this creates a better axle angle to prevent axle 'Pull Out" and CV Joint separation, usually connected to hard hits on whoops, big bumps and suspension drop out (down) as in when you are air born.
High success rate with the Commanders, no issues or problems with their use to date and 100's in use at this time.
They are $54.95 USD the pair, fitment is either front or rear, and shipping to lower 48 is included, other destinations on request.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice. The bike is stock but i've heard of people using these. I'll check them out for sure.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I replaced one of mine with a rhino, haven't had any issues. I only run in the dunes.

·
Hickory, NC
2,959 Posts
I never had luck with them in my Rhino. Popped out every jump. In fact, was the main reason I sold it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts