Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a cheapo chase light and need to know where to tap into for the reverse light. I read a bunch of old threads but couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I am installing a cheapo chase light and need to know where to tap into for the reverse light. I read a bunch of old threads but couldn't find anything.
I hope you get an answer to this as I would like to do the same. I searched and the only thing I could find was a bracket assembly to mount by the shift linkage that triggers a circuit when shifting to reverse. It was like $150 or something. For that price and it looks kind of wonky I was going to wire the center light to a switch i can turn on when reversing at night.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you get an answer to this as I would like to do the same. I searched and the only thing I could find was a bracket assembly to mount by the shift linkage that triggers a circuit when shifting to reverse. It was like $150 or something. For that price and it looks kind of wonky I was going to wire the center light to a switch i can turn on when reversing at night.
I was thinking I could install a microswitch to the shifter but there has to be an easier way. I downloaded a manual and it's missing the f'ing wiring diagram.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I put mind on a switch and called it a day
This is actually more useful way to do it since then you can have your rear facing light on if you need it for anything other than backing up. Like say,,, hooking someone up for a tow,,, or simply seeing in the cargo area at night. (depending on where you mount the lights) Things like that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I also put mine on a rocker switch for all the reasons above. It is nice to be able to turn them on without being in reverse.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR
580 Posts
Yeah there’s no way to tap into existing wiring as there is no reverse switch from the factory. As others said, fabricate a switch or just throw in a rocker. I put a chase light on a while ago and figured I would wire a switch eventually for reverse but haven’t gotten around to it. If/when I do I’ll probably go the rocker route for the reasons mentioned by X3 poor. I cheaped out on the chase light (from Amazon) and it has worked great. This is one area where in my opinion you don’t need to spend a grundle. The Amazon chase light serves its purpose and does a good job. It has several strobe patterns and is wired to brakes and turn signals.

·
Vendor
78 Posts
So After seeing the need for a plug in solution I have developed a plug in module in 2019 and Now have become a supporting vendor on this forum to advertise them. I like to contribute to the cause where I can. I am not big on words and just like to get the job done where I can.

Tim

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, My car is a 2017 so I think it does make sense just to install another rocker for the reasons listed. Now I just have to find out why my car won't run. That is my next post.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I use 2 Rigid chase lights that have a white light I use for reverse/scene lighting. Using a Feniex Controller, I can strobe pattern the chase lights and wire the white reverse light on a separate button for activation. Works better than another separate toggle switch for me. I found a Y connector on Amazon that splits the rear brake light and accessories power so I can use the chase light as a break light also.
Feniex 4200 controller - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018UJHVEA/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_3GVPKVTBQ52QW0JGTCYA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Tail light power harness - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZC6Y77C/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_2MVH85A22RXRGVRRD574?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
UTV stereo sells a reverse trigger that I installed on mine, it works great so far.

·
Registered
2018 X3 XDS Turbo R
102 Posts
You could also use this!

That looks like an awesome suggestion , thanks! I just ordered it. Now I’m in the market for a chase light. I bought a cheapo from eBay. It turned out to be nonfunctional, so I’m sending it back. I’m looking for something in the sub $100 range if anyone has any suggestions. I would like to be able to use it With my turn signals. I just added them a few weeks ago and I could wire the chase light into them and my brake Lights. I would like something with nice strobe patterns.

·
Premium Member
2020 X3 X RS RR
1,083 Posts
That looks like an awesome suggestion , thanks! I just ordered it. Now I’m in the market for a chase light. I bought a cheapo from eBay. It turned out to be nonfunctional, so I’m sending it back. I’m looking for something in the sub $100 range if anyone has any suggestions. I would like to be able to use it With my turn signals. I just added them a few weeks ago and I could wire the chase light into them and my brake Lights. I would like something with nice strobe patterns.
Just avoid a light with any blue lights in it. Where we ride you will get pulled over and ticketed for it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts