Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Not at all. That unit uses a serial decoder to decipher when the reverse signal is triggered in the transmission then signals a reed relay (internally moving parts) to give you an output. I used a small simple inductive proximity switch mounted in the console to indicate the shifting handle is in the reverse position and it fires a solid state relay directly..It is a DPDT unit so one side triggers my back up camera and the other side provides for my reverse light. Total cost about $18. and 1 hour.
Finding a SPTS but not a DPDT inductive switch?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not at all. That unit uses a serial decoder to decipher when the reverse signal is triggered in the transmission then signals a reed relay (internally moving parts) to give you an output. I used a small simple inductive proximity switch mounted in the console to indicate the shifting handle is in the reverse position and it fires a solid state relay directly..It is a DPDT unit so one side triggers my back up camera and the other side provides for my reverse light. Total cost about $18. and 1 hour.
Sometimes I regret for not getting a degree in electrical engineering instead of getting a degree in sacred Theology, Liturgy and Sacraments . No matter how many prayers I'm saying the back up camera wont work.At least the prayers helped me avoid hitting anything when driving in reverse
Amen

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finding a SPTS but not a DPDT inductive switch?
The prox I mounted in the console is just a single output, sealed unit with about 3' of leads. I had purchased a bunch of them for another project and had a few left over. I used it to signal the DPDT relay I mounted behind the dash. It made the rest of the wiring easier to get to. I can provide a diagram if desired.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
The prox I mounted in the console is just a single output, sealed unit with about 3' of leads. I had purchased a bunch of them for another project and had a few left over. I used it to signal the DPDT relay I mounted behind the dash. It made the rest of the wiring easier to get to. I can provide a diagram if desired.
Ok I see.
Yes a diagram would be helpful to those interested. It appears to be a very practical way to make a backup switch.

·
Registered
150 Posts
LOL........Amen
What back up camera are you using?
purchased Amazon.com: eRapta ERT01 2nd Generation Car Rear View Reversing Backup Camera Automotive with 149°Perfect View Angle 8 LED Lights Night Vision 9 Level Waterproof Universal Car Backing Camera License Plate: Electronics but is garbage. It overheats and dont like it much. Thing is most of the cameras on Amazon are reiteration of this camera just sold under a different no name Chinese brand. Looks like big manufactures are out of wired rear view cameras. Tried very hard to find something reliable, something that can withstand AZ heat, dust, off road driving. Sadly there is not much.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just built one similar to the UTV stereo switch, but with 2 micro switches, one for the reverse light and one for park- turns off the fan on the S&B A/F. this lower part of the shift arm does not move side to side, so it can be used with the UTV inc shift gate.

Both micro switches trigger the positive side of a relay for each circuit.
Red- 12v+ fused
Blue- Reverse relay, provides power when pressed.
Yellow- S&B relay, cuts power when pressed.

Park.

Reverse

High range. low just moves the are further forward.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts