Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a place to wire a trigger for reverse lights? I have the UTVinc shift gate which has two positions for reverse so adding a switch there may be more trouble than it's worth. I want to use the trigger wire on my Switchpros to trigger them to come on. I searched but if it's been covered I missed it.

Thanks

·
Registered
398 Posts
Does anybody know of a place to wire a trigger for reverse lights? I have the UTVinc shift gate which has two positions for reverse so adding a switch there may be more trouble than it's worth. I want to use the trigger wire on my Switchpros to trigger them to come on. I searched but if it's been covered I missed it.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
I basically copied the hk outdoors design, works great, it just switches an extra hot wire going up to my chase lights to turn on the reverse lights there..

. 3333D689-9103-44BF-9ABD-20F6B426BB45.jpeg

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After looking it over some more I may be able to make a switch work the way H&K does it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I put my own little push switch in the shift gate where the reverse notch is, so that when the lever is in that notch it pushes the switch in on its own and wa-la u have light

·
Registered
308 Posts
I put my own little push switch in the shift gate where the reverse notch is, so that when the lever is in that notch it pushes the switch in on its own and wa-la u have light
It helps to read the OPs question. Won't work in the notch with his shift plate.
The HK switch should work no matter which pattern plate you have.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I figured out the reverse light signal off the transmission sensor, Have the circuit board with the relay just waiting for the 3-pin connectors to make plug and play....

Stay tuned

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
153 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have successfully created and installed an automatic plug and play reverse light trigger for the X3 with a manual switch override input. It can be done with some thought and basic electrical know how.

·
Registered
974 Posts
You could also do a trigger off the gear selector arm on the transmission, a micro switch there might be easier than a switch under the gear selector. Either way. It's not rocket science. Get sum parts, make it work....

·
Registered
148 Posts
UTV Stereo makes a nice one. Mine just showed up. Going to use it to trigger my wifi backup camera on my tablet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
UTV Stereo makes a nice one. Mine just showed up. Going to use it to trigger my wifi backup camera on my tablet.

How did the installation go? Are you happy with it? Thinking to install a backup camera as well and on paper this looks like the easiest way to set it up

Also, found this

anyone tried it ?

·
Official Site Vendor
7,408 Posts

Thanks

Check here:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I looked at the trigger switch and ended up going with a proximity sensor feeding a DPDT solid state relay to trigger my back up lights and camera. NO moving parts and immune to the mud I sink it in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not at all. That unit uses a serial decoder to decipher when the reverse signal is triggered in the transmission then signals a reed relay (internally moving parts) to give you an output. I used a small simple inductive proximity switch mounted in the console to indicate the shifting handle is in the reverse position and it fires a solid state relay directly..It is a DPDT unit so one side triggers my back up camera and the other side provides for my reverse light. Total cost about $18. and 1 hour.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts