Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys is there anyway to reset the engine service light? The Maverick has all the servicing done which I do myself; everything is within spec but the service engine light came on after 50 hours, I'm assuming it is the general maintenance warning which has been done. There are no active codes when I check the display. So is there anyway I can reset the computer myself without taking it to the dealer?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are you talking about the "Maintenance Soon" message?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that and the engine light is on in the display. The dealer said it comes on automatically at 50 hours but they won't reset the computer unless they do the service themselves.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the maintenance soon message off. The engine light is still on; the active code is 0 P1174 which is tripped by the ECU. The description of that code is: diagnostic fault code for fuel supply system (ORA Max Fault) exhaust bank 2. And of course there is no cause or action listed for this damn code. The motor is completely stock. I checked and double checked valves today, everything looks good. My dealer won't tell me what the code means exactly either and they are weeks out. I'd like to ride but this computer is pissing me off not knowing what's going on. I'm beginning to think that purchasing an extended warranty was the biggest waist of money ever. I should have put that money into a new computer system I can actually hook up to. I should have known better but I actually just wanted something I didn't have to work on all the time. I didn't realize the dealer would chop your nuts off just to hook the thing up to that POS BUDS system.

Any advice on what to do? Ride/don't ride?
Any way to clear an active code to see if it comes back up with stock components?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The ECU is smart enough to know what codes will harm the engine and will reduce power accordingly. If you don't go into limp mode then the code is not that severe. I would drive it and just be extra alert. Have you disconnected and reconnected the fuel injector connectors and the O2 sensors.......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I haven't touched the electronics except for to put on dielectric grease at the connections when I first bought it.

Thanks for the reply I was thinking the same thing about the ECU and the scale on this code is 0 so it can't be anything detrimental. I just don't like seeing that engine light on, it makes me nervous.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a hold of a guy at the dealer that hooked up the Mav for basically nothing the BUDS system said the exact same thing my manual said about the code. They didn't even know what it was and they were thinking it was some bad fuel, so we reset the engine light and it has not come back on. I figured I'd post this for reference for someone else if they need it

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thanks man....hopefully it doesn't come back.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
that code you had is for fuel system out of range. Basically the computer can only adjust fuel so far like 15% and it will throw the code. it doesnt hurt anything but its annoying as hell to look at the Check light on dash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello have a Question? I bought a 2019’ Maverick x3 with only 25hr and 255miles have taking good care Breaking it in nothings sounds under the unordinary runs perfect, had Check Engine light come on but says no Default code the engine doesn’t come on until it’s running I don’t think I should be concerned with it? I haven’t done a oil change yet maybe that could be setting it off? Please help Greatly appreciated thanks!
Chad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts