Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 X3X RS for sale. I've searched various engines such as kijiji, etc. but there are very few resales available to determine a fair resale price. I've spoke to a couple of dealers (not for trade in but for outright sale) but would appreciate member's thoughts on what it should sell for. Details are: machine shows very well with no damage, 3,200 miles with typical accessories totalling approximately $4,000 including Halo lockers, 32 inch Liberty tires with about 50% wear plus 2 new spares, tire rack and tool box, 5 point harnesses, 4,500 lb WARN winch, etc.
Any thoughts?
Thx
Bob

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Whether you want to hear the bad news or not, possibly $20K, IMO. When I say that, more or less somewhere in the $19K range. The market is saturated with SXSs, with new models showing up monthly. Every new model drops the '17 model even more. You have a total of 3 choices, keep it, trade it in, and get killed, but at least you don't pay taxes off the price of the trade, so that's like giving you another $500 - $1000, or price it to sell. If you price it high, it won't move, or you'll get the low ballers.

The bottomline is selling anything sucks. You are guaranteed to take some type of loss. Especially if you have a lot of mods. Good luck.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Similar machines on my local classifieds are $20k. That's not saying much, there are 2018 XRS on there for $22k and I wouldn't sell mine for $35k

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Similar machines on my local classifieds are $20k. That's not saying much, there are 2018 XRS on there for $22k and I wouldn't sell mine for $35k

Sounds about right, and I didn't research anything.

As far as $35K, well..........

·
Registered
531 Posts
Sounds about right, and I didn't research anything.

As far as $35K, well..........
Lol, well...what? Get out your checkbook. I said I wouldn't sell for $35k. That's my story, has nothing to do with you.

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Lol, well...what? Get out your checkbook. I said I wouldn't sell for $35k. That's my story, has nothing to do with you.

I know, LOL. I'm just saying $35K is asking a lot if you were selling it, that's all. No disrespect or anything, sorry you took it like that.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I know, LOL. I'm just saying $35K is asking a lot if you were selling it, that's all. No disrespect or anything, sorry you took it like that.
Oh, no offense and I get it. Statement was due to several factors. It would cost more to replace; It literally has no miles; It's paid off; Wrenching on X3s is not as fun as some of the others.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
If you could get 18/20 Id take it, if you are thinking of getting a newer machine maybe take a few item off it that you can use on your new car or sell later , my popo that was 3 years old that I had over 20 in it of goodies I took my rugged sys out my good bd lights and a bunch of the billet stuff but left enough to make it attractive , then got to thinking ,if I was gonna buy a used car Id want to drive it and test it , if some bone head rolled it or? Testing it so ended up trading it for cheap just so I dident have to hassle with knuckleheads

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the thoughts fellas - before posting I was thinking of getting in the $20K range. I have a 2020 X3X RC RR on order but want to sell my RS privately.

I just spent $1,000 having the dealer go from one end to the other including pulling and inspecting the clutch, change motor and diff oil, inspect brakes, etc. so I can honestly say I'm not aware of any problems.

Should a potential buyer be concerned about having 3,200 miles on it?

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
Thanks for the thoughts fellas - before posting I was thinking of getting in the $20K range. I have a 2020 X3X RC RR on order but want to sell my RS privately.

I just spent $1,000 having the dealer go from one end to the other including pulling and inspecting the clutch, change motor and diff oil, inspect brakes, etc. so I can honestly say I'm not aware of any problems.

To a perspective buyer, miles matter somewhat. Price matters a whole lot more, LOL!

·
Registered
531 Posts

"Should a potential buyer be concerned about having 3,200 miles on it?"
That's a tough question, you can ruin anything in 5 miles or treat it right and hope to get the intended life out of it.
I'd buy a well maintained BRP product with those miles but not likely a Polaris.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Oh, no offense and I get it. Statement was due to several factors. It would cost more to replace; It literally has no miles; It's paid off; Wrenching on X3s is not as fun as some of the others.

I agree. It’s one thing to lose your ass on resale, I’d be uneasy at 30k for my ‘17 xrs. The wrenching on a canam is much more involved then a popo.

As far as the OP, undercut the saturated used market and dump it for 17k post it for 18k and use the add-ons to negate the mileage and if they began to haggle take parts off. Selling something quickly is better than dragging it out for the highest payout like ripping a bandaid off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
715 Posts
Dont hold out for high numbers. When I sold mine it rather tried to sale it "17 xrs" I couldn't get 18k to save my life. It only had 1k miles and a handfull of small upgrades.
Ended up trading it in.. didn't take much of a hit beyond the 18k between taxes and what not.
Resale is one of the downsides to a fast evolving market.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,723 Posts

Miles should not matter. These motors go a lot of miles with no issues. If it is in good condition it will sell.

I sold my XP1000 with 5500 miles on it no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts

Do you have any Dealers in your area that will put it on Consignment? Probably get better than trade in, but have to pay a little for them to sell it.
Also don’t have to deal with all the bone head buyers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thought about doing all or any of this to buy a new rr...lol Then I thought hell the minute I do can am will come out with something new... and honestly for all the hassle I can get the power for about 2gs...They aren't offering all that much for me to justify the money and time hit for my rig just yet...maybe the 2021 model....lmao

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thought about doing all or any of this to buy a new rr...lol Then I thought hell the minute I do can am will come out with something new... and honestly for all the hassle I can get the power for about 2gs...They aren't offering all that much for me to justify the money and time hit for my rig just yet...maybe the 2021 model....lmao
That's where I'm at with my 18. The new power would be nice but I'm probably not that far off. Now the new clutches would be nice though

·
Registered
126 Posts
Trading my 2017 XRS in to the dealer. They are supposed to give me the numbers this week. Got the new RC RR coming, told it would be in by the end of July. I see the horror stories of some of you guys dealing with a dealership, got to say the guys I deal with are awesome. I have 11600 kms on mine, never had an issue with her.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts