Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mav comes with a black key that has full power and 73mph top speed. It also comes with a gray key that has limited power and a 45 mph top speed. I don't need a limited key, so while the Mav is at the dealer getting some work done, I asked if he would reprogram it to be the same as the black key. He said sure. I think they normally charge $20 or 40 to do it, but it doesn't hurt to ask when you take it in for something. I'd hate to be on a long ride, lose the black key and have to go 45 mph for a day! Or week!!! I asked when I bought the Mav if they could do it then, but he said they weren't allowed to reprogram it when it's new.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
they did both of my keys full power mode when i bought it

there shouldnt be a charge

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought another black key for mine when I bought it. They only charged me $ for the key and to program it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealer said i should only use the gray key during the break in. Ya right. You sell me a rocket and then tell me not to light the fuse.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I bought my maverick from the same dealer i purchased my renegade 800 xxc from and they just programed the gray key the same as the black no charge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts