Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ok I got both clutches off. Got the back side of the housing replaced.

—-BTW—-
When you buy the new back side of the belt housing from Can Am they do not include the O-rings that seal the back side of the housing up against the motor!! Almost had a big screw up there. Luckily I realized it as I was reinstalling the bolts for the housing backside.

So I got the o-rings out of my old housing. They seem to be in great shape so I cleaned them up a bit, greased them, and installed them in the new housing half. Hand threaded all the mounting bolts back with with a layer of RVT around the head lip of each bolt so they all seal up good. Then got the secondary clutch reinstalled. It was kind of a bitch to tighten in with a torque wrench as the machine kept wanting to move. But I had my GF use the torque wrench as I held the clutch. We got it to the required 52 ft-lbs. now I’m on to reinstalling the primary. What do yall make of these surfaces?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Is that rough surface that almost looks flaked supposed to be completely smooth? And what about the groove on the other half? Should I sand that out?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Looks real pitted from rust, likely gonna be real hard on belts. Myself id be shopping for a new one.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts