Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere to pick up replacement parts for FOX RC2 low/high speed adjustors?

Possible to purchase a stack assembly, and screw the existing malfunctioning assembly out and replace with a new unit?

Someone told me that a depressurized reservoir might cause a locked up low speed adjustor, is there any truth to that?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Premium Member
14,361 Posts
You could check with any of the shock tuners. Since Shock Therapy does so many, I would start there. They might have extra parts they could sell you.

Also try Rocky Mountain ATV. I don't know if they go down that deep in a breakdown.

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
Ed “poundsand” (The Suspension Guy) might have the parts. Hit him up on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rotarypower101

·
Registered
2020 X3 XRS Turbo RR
327 Posts
Is there anywhere to pick up replacement parts for FOX RC2 low/high speed adjustors?

Possible to purchase a stack assembly, and screw the existing malfunctioning assembly out and replace with a new unit?

Someone told me that a depressurized reservoir might cause a locked up low speed adjustor, is there any truth to that?
View attachment 272347

Try KarTek: Fox Compression Adjusters - Kartek Off-Road

As for damage to the damping controls due to low N2 pressure, WTF??? N2 is only there to keep the oil from foaming and negatively affecting damping.[/QUOTE]

·
Vendor
653 Posts
Hand Camera lens Automotive tire Camera accessory Finger

so, what is the problem with what you have now! unless it was physically damaged in a rollover ? Not sure why you would need to replace!? Low or no nitrogen pressure in “your“ car Application is not going to hurt anything. But your shock will need to be disassembled to remove oil and nitrogen that normally changes places when the shock is run a bunch with low or no nitrogen pressures.
that adjuster can be easily and quickly removed and inspected if needed. But shock must be opened up to reinstall and set shock up correctly
I stock these for the owners that want to off the QRS 3 position dial adjuster.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try KarTek: Fox Compression Adjusters - Kartek Off-Road

As for damage to the damping controls due to low N2 pressure, WTF??? N2 is only there to keep the oil from foaming and negatively affecting damping.
[/QUOTE]
Thats what I would have thought also...but schematics and cutaways of the assembly are near as can be called nonexistent AFAICT.

However, the guy that told me that was a older motorcycle suspension guy that had been doing it for a Looooong time, so I figured I should ask and see if there was any validity to that possibility from people that might know the system in more detail.

I would love to see more people DIY their own RC2/QRS shocks just so I could be more familiar with those systems. As it is, they are fairly rare, most I have found are Popo guys that have rebuilt. refurbished, and done some light tuning. Not found a X3 guy that has detailed rebuilding personal shocks...and who could blame someone for not wanting to take on that task, but I am still curious to know more about them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
View attachment 272356
so, what is the problem with what you have now! unless it was physically damaged in a rollover ? Not sure why you would need to replace!? Low or no nitrogen pressure in “your“ car Application is not going to hurt anything. But your shock will need to be disassembled to remove oil and nitrogen that normally changes places when the shock is run a bunch with low or no nitrogen pressures.
that adjuster can be easily and quickly removed and inspected if needed. But shock must be opened up to reinstall and set shock up correctly
I stock these for the owners that want to off the QRS 3 position dial adjuster.

I have 2 issues on separate low speed adjustors.

1 the rear right low speed spins completely freely, neither raising or lowering and with no end stops in either direction.

2 the other issue is the front left I only have ~1 turn of adjustment (before it becomes too tight for me to fear damage by turning further), out of what appears to be typically 4 full turns of normal adjustment range. The adjustor turns freely from full out to 1 turn in then "Binds" very tightly, should I fear damaging the low speed adjustor by twisting with ~enough force to shear the slotted adjustment of the adjustor?

What would be typically required to repair symptomatic issues like that with the low speed adjustor actuation? And if you would, could you describe what internally is likely wrong or went wrong with those parts, and possibly how to avoid issues like that in the future?

The vehicle has never been in a wreck or rollover...as far as I know, there is absolutely no physical evidence to support that, and the previous owner was seemingly Very forthcoming and open about all the history and details of the vehicle.

I dont know if the nitrogen is "low" this was simply a theory from a local guy that claimed to have worked with MX shocks professionally for many many years.
Is there any easy way to measure existing nitrogen pressure externally on stock unmodified RC2 reservoirs?

To repair, can I procure 2 low speed needles or full RC2 adjustor assemblies and remove the failed units by unscrewing, replace shock fluid and recharge with nitrogen?

Is it as "simple" as that?
Where might I be able to get that done? Possibly locally to me?

We don't have many FOX suspension options here in the PNW it seems, and specifically around the Portland Oregon area... so if you might have some suggestions where I could get those repaired locally, or even possibly do it myself, I would be all ears and Really grateful for knowledgeable advice and help!

Thank You for taking the time to post u/Pound Sand!👍🏻 Read many of your informative threads and posts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts