Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Rpm aluminum housing and your done no more worries. I broke 2 stock inner housings and the outer as well. Stock one weighed around 4.5 lbs.the rpm one weighed 17.5 lbs its solid ! View attachment 256335
Alright, I bit the bullet and ordered the expensive MrRPM housing. Is there anything that I need to take off the original housing and put in the new one, or does it come with everything I need?

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
There is a plastic piece behind the primary that you will use . There is a wire harness that is attached to the stock cover that does not get reattached to the rpm cover . It's not a problem to leave it sitting there it will be fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What is the deal with the clutch tools (puller)? Are the Cam Am ones universal for all Can Ams, or do I need a specific one? Trying to find one that says it is for the X3 XRC or XRS is challenging and the charts say that they don't work for this vehicle.

·
Registered
423 Posts
What is the deal with the clutch tools (puller)? Are the Cam Am ones universal for all Can Ams, or do I need a specific one? Trying to find one that says it is for the X3 XRC or XRS is challenging and the charts say that they don't work for this vehicle.
All x3s use the same tool

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
906 Posts
I picked up the EPI clutch puller at a local dealer, didn't want to buy a budget Chinese tool. Been fine the few times I've used it.
I've posted the housing mod below before, and it's held up fine through about 4 belt failures. No damage to anything, belts are a bit tight to get in, but then bars are 1/8" thick... and it's another $20 project...

·
Registered
161 Posts
As Mgrotel stated earlier in this post,,,, KWI or Alba are real good kits. I have the Alba kit and it works great. It'll do everything you're gonna need to do to pull, maintain, repair, update the clutch assy's. We're supposed to complete minor service work ( at least) on the clutch every 500 miles according to the big clutch co's, or run a higher risk of wearing out the expensive parts. There is, of course, some debate on that frequency, none the less, you're gonna have to service the clutch at some point unless you want to send it in and pay for it to be done regularly. (in which case you'll still have to pull it) The purchase price of the clutch kit from Alba will pay for itself in about 2 services if memory serves.

I put together a little dedicated tool case for the kit. Attach it to the top of my Dune tool box before we head out so anyone in our camp can do clutch work if needed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think the problem with the liners is they don’t cover everywhere, when I blew my belt it broke the inner housing in places the new aluminum liner I installed after doesn’t cover. So if the same spot gets hit it will break again. Hopefully the aluminum liner takes the worst of the impact and saves the housing. I thought about one of the aluminum housings but I couldn’t justify spending that much on it. It’s so sad how they built these things so cheap, got us hooked on them and then dangle all the aftermarket parts in front of us! I wish I thought of it 😁.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts

21 - 33 of 33 Posts