Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I got a EPI catalog in the mail yesterday and they list the same belt number for all the Can Am's. It that correct? I have a new belt laying around for my Renegade 1000 and was going to sell it. If it fits the Mav I'll hang on onto it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm not sure if it will fit, but it's not made with the same material. It's not as strong. Sell it and buy a gates carbon or oem Mav belt.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that might be the case. I put a carbon on the XRS and now I'm having trouble getting it out of gear when it's cold. After I put a few miles on it it's ok. That belt must be slightly wider.

·
Registered
415 Posts
From what I understand , the maverick belt will fit all the other 800/1000 bikes, so I don't see why not viseversa. but the maverick belt is stronger

·
Registered
806 Posts
Buy the OEM 212 belt for the Mav. You will save time and headache. Alot on here will say to go with the Gates but I also had trouble shifting. It is also noisy once it gets hot. IMO.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep mav belt hands down!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Gates is quiet and it shifts fine once its warmed up. I've got about 50 miles on it now and I'm going to do one more ride to see if the cold issue improves. If not it's going to become a spare and I'll go back to an OEM belt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
long story short in socal i gave my friend my spare mav belt when his blew. he gave me his renegade 800 belt the next day for a spare. put it on after blowing mine. ran about 400 miles on it and it held the whole time. when it was hot already it just felt rubberbandish when you floored!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts