Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install the remote oil filter from MrRPM? I was curious to see how others mounted the filter under the hood and where you purchased the fittings and hoses. The spin adapter is ok but you still make a mess with the oil and still have to either remove the passenger seat and interior panels or possible just remove the skid plate. Wit the remote filter I just need to remove the under hood panel which is much easier plus I can stick a drain pan under the filter to catch all the oil. Less messy than any engine mounted filter.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I think a remote filter is not worth the risk of slowing down oil flow and risk of a hose rubbing against something sharp.

Just buy the Mr rpm spin on and put a rag under the filter when you remove it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Good question but I dont think anyone has tried this yet. My buddy used it for his Rotaxed Rhino but his whole car is a custom build, so it doesn't really apply to your situation

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you try the search function?

Ok Mega. :) Actually I did search this forum and the commander forum. I saw discussions but not 1 pick of the remote filter installed under hood. I only saw a pic of the remote filter portion on the engine with hoses running through the engine tunnel. Was curious on the details of the fittings and hoses and experiences with mounting the filter under hood.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think a remote filter is not worth the risk of slowing down oil flow and risk of a hose rubbing against something sharp.

Just buy the Mr rpm spin on and put a rag under the filter when you remove it.
It looks like the filter will hit my interior panel and interfere pretty good. I read that some put a piece of rubber between the filter and panel but does doing this effect the fit of the interior panels?

·
Registered
221 Posts
It looks like the filter will hit my interior panel and interfere pretty good. I read that some put a piece of rubber between the filter and panel but does doing this effect the fit of the interior panels?
I have just the spin on adapter and it doesnt rub plastics on mine and it less mess that the oem set up, like Mega said with the rage under it, it works good

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The adapter works great and you get more filtering area with it also.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So those with the spin on adapter, do you still remove the interior panel or skid plate?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yes process is the same.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Off topic...BH, where did you get you quik detatch wheel adapter from?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts