Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know there are several topics about this with many different scenarios and I have searched and read through many threads and could not find my answer so I am going to ask.

We have property in Wisconsin and we have property in Missouri. Our primary residence is in Missouri and we have our driver license out of this state as well (not sure if that matters). I wanted to register the X3 in Wisconsin but found out today that it is not possible. They told me that because it is 72" it would not be registered and could only be used on private property and to think of it as a nice, fast, tractor. Not what I wanted to hear but maybe this is not so bad.

I really don't want to title it in Missouri which I think Missouri is going to make me do because of the width from what I have read in other post, not to mention a few other things that come along with that. How do I satisfy the power to be here in Missouri that the X3 is a Wisconsin unit when I am here in Missouri using it? Would I get a seasonal sticker or something? The land in Wisconsin is just land and no dwelling on it so there is no mail box but I can provide proof that we own the land if Missouri required that.

I really wish this stuff was a little more clearer than mud.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you live in Missouri, why do you not want to register it in Missouri? Sounds like you are trying to get away with something a little less than legal perhaps? Tax evasion?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you live in Missouri, why do you not want to register it in Missouri? Sounds like you are trying to get away with something a little less than legal perhaps? Tax evasion?
I pay almost $15k a year on property tax in Wisconsin why should I not be allowed to have things in Wisconsin? I think I pay my fair share of taxes so not sure what you might be referring to on tax evasion but I pay plenty in both states.

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
I suspect he is alluding to and From what I see with little facts, that a sales tax issue may result from registering vehicles in a given state.

I have seen here in Arizona people buy out of state and dont pay sales tax, then when they register here, Arizona collects sales tax. Tim

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you nailed it, $84,000.00 truck, $100,000.00 trailer, but I can't pay $1200.00 in tax for the $26000.00 X3....lol

What's so hard to understand that someone who has property might want to have something there?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
So if it’s not a big deal pay it. Like you said it’s just 1200$ . Obviously someone of your stature can afford that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if it’s not a big deal pay it. Like you said it’s just 1200$ . Obviously someone of your stature can afford that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That might just be what I will do but I wanted to see what options were out there. Why throw money away that you don't need to? I don't see anything wrong with finding out the best avenue to go no matter what the reason is. It is being smart with your money and if you choose to just throw yours away I don't mind it is yours you can do with it as you wish. I was simply trying to find the best solution for our situation. By the way stature has nothing to do with it as I said I was just trying to learn a little more on how this works.

“An investment in knowledge pays the best dividends.” —Benjamin Franklin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts