Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else carry a similar product of there utv? I carry TRED's. There a recovery ramp that work pretty good at getting you out of trouble where there are no winching points.

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It doesn't look like a bad idea!!.. sometimes.. especially in the dunes. ..there is just nothing around!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's true lol. It's happened to me before. Up here at the Oregon dunes in the winter sometimes you have to cross water to get where you want to go, I've seen guys lose dirt bikes in quick sand, I've seen guy trying to winch big 4x4 quads out of it too lol. With something like this you can it them down where you want to cross and go for it. It helps more if you have 2 sets(which I don't) so you can over lap them a little it and have a longer ramp.

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
400 Posts
I want to see one in action myself. Not sure how well it would work in real soft sand.
they make bigger ones and better ones but price goes up alot....this one looks like you can put in ground at an angle and get more pulling power

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea you are probably right. You could also dig down a little on the sand, burry it at an angle, it would probably work good.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Lol... Was gonna ask where you carried those at them looked a little closer. That's why I have a winch. Course I don't do sand either. If I need ramps to get out, I'll open a beverage and wait for a double winch from my buddies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol... Was gonna ask where you carried those at them looked a little closer. That's why I have a winch. Course I don't do sand either. If I need ramps to get out, I'll open a beverage and wait for a double winch from my buddies.

Most of the guys I run with are in buggies so they don't have winches lol.

·
Registered
728 Posts
About 30 years ago I saw some guys winching a jeep out of the sand with a boat anchor. they ran it out to the end of the cable and started pulling. They got the jeep out but the anchor had dug in about 6 feet deep.

439935.jpg

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
That's when you tie a rope on the other end before in sinks so you can pull it out the other way!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a pretty good idea! But would be a bitch to get out! Until there's a time where the ramps can't get me out I don't see the need for me to invest in a winch.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I had thought about some folding ramps to use to go over the 50" gates on some of the trails around here. Sounds like they are gonna make the gates wider this year, so it never made it past a thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts