Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to Todd this morning...he didn't think it would work on the Max. I checked all the part numbers today and they are the same on the max and the 2 seater so I think it will work. But I saw someone mentioned that 30s will rub in the back in certain conditions....maybe I should go with 28s.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I talked to Todd this morning...he didn't think it would work on the Max. I checked all the part numbers today and they are the same on the max and the 2 seater so I think it will work. But I saw someone mentioned that 30s will rub in the back in certain conditions....maybe I should go with 28s.
The clutch kit will physically fit on the MAX, I think what he meant was the kit wasn't tuned for the MAX so it will not give you the performance you are seeking.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The clutch kit will physically fit on the MAX, I think what he meant was the kit wasn't tuned for the MAX so it will not give you the performance you are seeking.

Correct....but they factory springs and weights are all the same, so they kit should do the same to a max as it does to a 2 seater.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Think I'm going w the Dalton w 32 a lot are saying it's not enough but I think it will be fine along w the sport low. But as far as the max no clue

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Correct....but they factory springs and weights are all the same, so they kit should do the same to a max as it does to a 2 seater.
I guess in theory you are correct but that is assuming that the stock clutching is correct to start with which we know it is not. I would contact Dalton directly and speak to them and see what they have to say.....I would hate to drop the $300 or so and find out it is not correct.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess in theory you are correct but that is assuming that the stock clutching is correct to start with which we know it is not. I would contact Dalton directly and speak to them and see what they have to say.....I would hate to drop the $300 or so and find out it is not correct.
I agree...that is why I have decided to go with 28 inch bajacross. And see how they do and adjust the clutching from there.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I agree...that is why I have decided to go with 28 inch bajacross. And see how they do and adjust the clutching from there.
good call....get the tires you want first and then dial it in....

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
One thing I found out today... And is probably why everyone likes the '14 clutch better. Can-am updated the clutch levers for 14. They have a different slightly more weight on the end which makes sure clutch has full shift out. So this actually may have been the reason guys were having inconsistent top speeds. I think most thought it was secondary spring when it may have been the weights the whole time.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think a call to the manufacture about a product that is designed for a 2 seater and hoping it will work for a four seater is warranted!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So they kept the PN the same but changed the actual part......Sneaky!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
So they kept the PN the same but changed the actual part......Sneaky!
The model year 13 weights are commander style weights. What they found is due to the changes in the maverick primary vs commander in some elevations/conditions the weights just weren't ideal.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Ok A is new style - B is old.

See how there is less material on the back of A vs B. Basically they just transferred the material from the back of weight to the front. So more shift out.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So that is interesting....so what do you do if you order a new weight and don't notice the difference and mix them up with the old weights with the same part number......not cool for them to do this without a part number change.....is there any identifiable marking s on the weights that are different between the 2?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ordered new weights today...the sea level weights are $132.00 for a set of six. The 4000 feet and 8000 feet are 40 bucks a piece. I swapped them when purchased it because I thought it would run a lot better at altitude....it does but the gain was. Ot as much as the trade off for over reving at 4000 feet.

I hope I get the "new style" ???

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I ordered new weights today...the sea level weights are $132.00 for a set of six. The 4000 feet and 8000 feet are 40 bucks a piece. I swapped them when purchased it because I thought it would run a lot better at altitude....it does but the gain was. Ot as much as the trade off for over reving at 4000 feet.

I hope I get the "new style" ???
Have you tried swapping every other weight with the low altitude weights (original) and see if you get a good compromise that works better all around?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will once I get the new set in....I got the dealer to install the high altitude weights no charge but they kept the factory ones.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
got it....let us know how it works for you.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts