Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a phone call from my dealer. There is a recall out to replace the starter and install a new "clutch retaining bolt". I have the better starter and the 10 washers already. Must be something new.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
448 Posts
Or poor record keeping....

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Just got a phone call from my dealer. There is a recall out to replace the starter and install a new "clutch retaining bolt". I have the better starter and the 10 washers already. Must be something new.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Please let us know what they actually replace. If possible could you get the recall or TSB # from the dealer when you take it in. The most recent recall published on the Can AM website is from January.....

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to get the good starter in mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My dealer advised all new primary and studs instead of problematic bolts. Also new starter.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just called my dealer here in shreveport and he said bring in my maverick, that all mavericks have this recall. Whether they have the new stuff or not they are checking all of them.... like someone else said can am bad record keeping, haha

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
How can you tell if you have the good starter? I know how to tell with the clutch bolt, but not the starter.
Search, there is a thread with pics and location !

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Just called my dealer in Peoria he didn't hear about it but said he's looking into it now an will call back lol

·
Registered
998 Posts
Let us know benzo, I can only hope for a new primary but I just went to can am's website and the 2014's have the same primary as the 13's

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
My dealer advised all new primary and studs instead of problematic bolts. Also new starter.
So is he saying there is a new design to the primary or just that they are replacing the primary with a new one of the same style? Also, what do you mean by studs instead of bolts? Are they putting a threaded stud in the end of the crankshaft and you are fixing the primary to it with a nut? Please explain...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Got the call this morning as well. I was told it is getting a new starter and clutch bolt /stud assembly. Parts are not in yet but ordered. Here is the funny part, the service guy at the stealership is a solid dude and gave me a heads up, he told me since I have been notified, and advised not to ride until the recall is performed, Can-Am has limited liability if something fails. My answer was, "this call never happened" to which he replied, "that is what I thought."

·
Registered
32 Posts
nothing to do with a new primary it's the same, the bulliten is to install a stud in place of the bolt and is for ALL mavericks regardless of whether or not they got the slippery washer update.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So I wonder if I need this as well. I just picked up my Mav on Tuesday. It is VIN # 004786 and was manufactured on 4/17/2013.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I wonder if I need the recall even tho I no longer use their stock POS primary?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I wonder if this is better then there slippery washers ? lol

1 - 20 of 200 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.