Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this was posted before somewhere but my dealer called me and told me there was a recall on the clutch bolt. I just dropped it off to get it replaced. The last time I was at his shop he looked at it wasn't available for my VIN, now it is. If you haven't called to check you should.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I contacted my dealer a few weeks ago when I first heard about the recall & they had no info at the time. 3-4 days later they gave me a call & I took it in to get the recall done. In & out in a day - good to go.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I just had my dealer order my primary clutch bolt for the recall. I told them I don't need it to be installed because I've changed my clutches. He tried to say they have to install it and I said I am entitled to that part so you need to get it for me. They want my OG bolt so I said no problem. I only want it so went I sell the Mav I can put the stock clutches back on.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Be very careful about how you post in this thread, some members have thin skin.:smile:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has had their clutch come apart AFTER the recall bolt was installed? I just picked up my bolt today and will be saving it for reinstall of my OG clutch when I sell the car.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
So far the stud/nut is working like it should and oddly the noise I was hearing is now gone

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I guess that is good news. I hope more people post the results with the bolt upgrade.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sure why not? The clutch needs to be able to be removed and reinstalled if necessary.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Well with all trouble the original bolt was giving Maverick owners and reading many comments about always replacing the bolt, just wasn't sure.

·
Registered
410 Posts
So far the stud/nut is working like it should and oddly the noise I was hearing is now gone
That's good news! Are you running a clutch kit? Your referring to the clutch rattle on initial accel? Mine does it until the wheels start turning then its fine, and I go in next week for recall work.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Well with all trouble the original bolt was giving Maverick owners and reading many comments about always replacing the bolt, just wasn't sure.
This is different its a stud then u put a bolt on a full bolt is different those will need to be replaced

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Somehow a separate bolt head on a threaded stud must work differently than a one piece bolt since we havent heard on any recalls failing.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
As I understand it the stud will bottom out and then it can't be over tightened like the bolts were allowed to due to the slippery washers. I think that separate bolt head inside the stud is just to lock the nut in place. Pretty basic and simple, wish they'd have thought of that the first time around. Going camping this weekend with the bolt and slippery washers and I'm a bit nervous. No time to get the recall done and the dealer hasn't called me on it anyhow. I plan to give them my VIN first thing when I get back and get the latest recall done. I've also got the cheezy Chinese starter that I want them to recall at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts