1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
nothing yet

·
Registered
964 Posts
Does it still use the slippery washers? It still looks like its necked down in the middle. Hope it works.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
sweet so the stud goes in and bottoms out so it wont over tighten and snap and its not necked down ! nice

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You got it Benzo. All we can do not is wait and see. My friends was done today and he said it works great. Mine should be done in a couple of days.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yes it does look necked down but only to the diameter that matches the thread cut. Looks like a piece of allthread that they spun on a lathe to cut of the threads here and there. Especially when you look at the upper part of the stud threads. Top 2 threads look slightly shaved.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
You got it Benzo. All we can do not is wait and see. My friends was done today and he said it works great. Mine should be done in a couple of days.
mine was done last week , my starter sounds great and stud is in I gotta take her out now !

Yes it does look necked down but only to the diameter that matches the thread cut. Looks like a piece of allthread that they spun on a lathe to cut of the threads here and there. Especially when you look at the upper part of the stud threads. Top 2 threads look slightly shaved.
sorry I said it wasn't necked down , do u think it is ? I guess to cut the threads in it was thicker at once ?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yeah I think it has to have been shaved down just like you pretty much answered it yourself. But it doesn't look to be cut down much. Heck I don't know why they neck it at all unless they want it to fail first.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
just noticed, so the allen lock screw goes into the nut locking it from over tightening also,

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
just noticed, so the allen lock screw goes into the nut locking it from over tightening also,
Could be, I hadn't even thought about that allen screw. That would explain why the nut is so long I guess but I have no idea how well something like that would work. Usually I would think 2 separate jam nuts tightened against each other is the way to go.
Heck, the dealer hasn't bothered to call me on this recall anyhow. Of course I never got anything back from CanAm either after I purchased this back in late February. VIN 0897 from Apache Moto in Mesa.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I too have never got anything in the mail from CanAm. I called my dealer 1 month ago to find out about the recall for my clutch bolt and starter. They told me that they would call me when the parts come in. I have tried a couple of times since with the same response, "we will call you". I decided to call another dealer only to find out that they wouldn't do the recall work because Can Am wasn't reimbursing the dealers enough time for the work. This new dealer informed me that CanAm provides reimbursement for 1.3 hours of work to replace the starter, clutch bolt and to tighten the passenger grab bar. As of right now, I am at the mercy of the dealer where I purchased it. Are you guys getting Welcoming paperwork from CanAm?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I too have never got anything in the mail from CanAm. I called my dealer 1 month ago to find out about the recall for my clutch bolt and starter. They told me that they would call me when the parts come in. I have tried a couple of times since with the same response, "we will call you". I decided to call another dealer only to find out that they wouldn't do the recall work because Can Am wasn't reimbursing the dealers enough time for the work. This new dealer informed me that CanAm provides reimbursement for 1.3 hours of work to replace the starter, clutch bolt and to tighten the passenger grab bar. As of right now, I am at the mercy of the dealer where I purchased it. Are you guys getting Welcoming paperwork from CanAm?
I got nothing from Can Am or my dealer but I brought it up and they had the recall printed out so I didn't bother hounding them since they had my car in the back getting serviced.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've yet to get anything from can am in the sixth months I've had mine. Not even anything on the extended warranty I bought. Not very impressive to me.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I've yet to get anything from can am in the sixth months I've had mine. Not even anything on the extended warranty I bought. Not very impressive to me.
I've had mine 2 months and I got the extended warranty paperwork 2 weeks ago. i wouldn't blame Can Am…blame your dealer….

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
took me 6 months to get my aftermarket warranty cards in the mail , but hey u don't need them for 6 months anyways , lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
It could be my dealer. When I bought the extra warranty he said I would get paper work from him in a couple days and paper work from can am not long after. I got it from him and not can am so figured they were slow.

·
Registered
502 Posts
1. Put buggy on trailer
2. Drive to dealer
3. Explain to shop manager u are here for ur recall bolt
4. Leave buggy for them to fix
5. Go to pick up buggy
6. Inspect buggy upon arrival
7. If all is good load buggy back on trailer
8. Go out to woods/dunes n have fun
9. Repeat step 8 over n over n over n over.........

Lol, I'm just kidding man I have no clue honestly that's what I did just took it to my dealer

1 - 20 of 28 Posts