Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Mav says 73 mph, my gps says 70. So I asked the dealer if he would use his buds system and enter a different tire size to get it more accurate. He said he didn't know you could do that. I read somewhere that Can Am just started this recently. I told him it read 5 mph fast, because the ecu limits the speed, so maybe I'll gain 5 mph?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hope your top speed is 70 in the sand. I just traded a xp that ran 78, and I hate to go slower. I realize the maverick will get there quicker, but I do a lot of road riding so top speed is important.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can Am, because it's drive by wire, cuts back on the butterfly to limit your speed. You can't even tell that it's doing it though. That's why I'm thinking that by recalibrating the speedo I'll see a higher top speed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Was 78 on the speedo or GPS? And where the hell you goin' 70+ on the roads consistently!? Lol! Haven't had the nerve to take a sxs on the freeway yet!

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I bet it won't last long turning 8000 rpms for long periods of time has to be hard on any motor turning max rpms for long periods

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have had mine up to 73 on the speedo in the sand. It still had a little more but road conditions caused me to slow down.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hit 77 on pavement, all she had. didnt check it with gps though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
77 will work. I ride on roads legally in Indiana and there long stretches of road. I don't think i'll turn this motor wide open like I did my XP.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
841 Posts
77 will work. I ride on roads legally in Indiana and there long stretches of road. I don't think i'll turn this motor wide open like I did my XP.
That rotax is much more well built than ur parallel twin in ur xp ....these motors can take much greater abuse than any of the utv motors on the market. The rods pistons springs etc are some of the best on the markets. I dont think even the desert racers who run wot for 3+ hrs have blown one up yet. Look how many xp guys have rebuilt their motors. Now ur clutch will probably blow up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts