Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Messed up my rear rebound assembly,must of spun on me and has worn down the end so it won’t lock in place properly.looking for replacement parts best place to get them ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it at Hygear suspension.. Fox was Useless to deal with and didn’t want to help in anyway ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gotink,

I just had the same issue. Have you replaced the eyelet yet. I have been told two different things on replacing it. I have been told you just have to clamp the shaft in a vise, add some heat and remove the eyelet then replace.

I have also been told that I have to discharge the shock since there is fluid running thru the eyelet.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,056 Posts
Gotink,

I just had the same issue. Have you replaced the eyelet yet. I have been told two different things on replacing it. I have been told you just have to clamp the shaft in a vise, add some heat and remove the eyelet then replace.

I have also been told that I have to discharge the shock since there is fluid running thru the eyelet.

Any input would be great.

Thanks
both are correct. Heat is used to loosen the Loctite, soft aluminum jaws for your large bench vice is recommended. Any nicks or scuffs on the shaft and you will have leak issues.

From what I understand about the lower rebound eyelet screw it raises and lowers a rod inside the shock shaft. This rod reaches up to the top of the shock and acts like a needle valve. Which lets a lot of fluid through or a little.

·
Registered
9 Posts
both are correct. Heat is used to loosen the Loctite, soft aluminum jaws for your large bench vice is recommended. Any nicks or scuffs on the shaft and you will have leak issues.

From what I understand about the lower rebound eyelet screw it raises and lowers a rod inside the shock shaft. This rod reaches up to the top of the shock and acts like a needle valve. Which lets a lot of fluid through or a little.
I have the aluminum jaws for my vise, I just want to make sure if i remove the eyelet without discharging the shock that im not going to have the eyelet shoot off and kill someone or put a hole in the roof of my garage

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It just comes of like you described..nothing to worry about .

Reactions: csteele12490
1 - 9 of 9 Posts