Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the day having up my first design. Pretty happy with it. I found you can buy a pv 4500 replacement winch for 175. I will install a plug to switch from one winch to the other until I can come up with a switch that can switch positive and negative. :disappointed:

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If we get some snow! I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a switch to go from front switch to rear. I am thinking double pole double throw. But the do not have the amp rating to handle #6 wire. What do you think?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Could you run your battery to your selector switch ( for each relay) and your relay's for each winch to your operating switch?

How are you reinforcing the backside of the radius arm mounting plate? or are you?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I have dual winches and each winch has its own contractor . I have a double poll switch that changes the control wires from the front one to the rear . My one wireless controller works both winches now . Same can be done for a dash switch .

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Did you use a battery isolation switch to go from winch to winch. Large and heavy duty?
Both winches have there own cables that go to the battery . Both winches have there own contactor . I am just using one warn wireless remote to control both winches

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I am just going to use a plug that will have to be switched behind the front winch that will enable rear winch.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am going to need overload spring if I keep adding things. Where are you hanging now Doug. Send me some sxs pics on your rides. Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
Are you still making these types of parts sir?
Thread's a little old. A tip for you, click on the member's name and you'll find out the last time he was on and active. Looks like Mar. 4, 20.

Oh, and Welcome from Tucson AZ.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts