Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is someone somewhat local to me that sells military surplus pelican cases for a pretty fair price. I'm thinking about picking up a smaller one to use for tool and recovery item storage in our maverick sport max. I would remove a good portion of the foam inside to be able to fit these items. Basically turning it into a water proof and possibly dust proof storage.

think it's possible, or am i putting too much trust in these cases?

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's a great idea. I did that very thing for my tool kit and Spare belt. Keeps everything clean and dry. Only bummer can be the size you get might not work with other accessories
I can send pictures later for some ideas.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great idea. I did that very thing for my tool kit and Spare belt. Keeps everything clean and dry. Only bummer can be the size you get might not work with other accessories
I can send pictures later for some ideas.

rock on! This would be dedicated to the maverick. I have a small tool bag that's always in my truck for the machines i work on, but it wont hold up to dust and mud, so i was thinking along this idea and then i can leave it in the maverick and not have to worry about not packing it

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah that was my thoughts As Well. It's better to have it and not need something out on the trail.

Side note. It's good to know how to actually do some of the common repairs you may need to do trail side. Like tire repairs and belt changes. Just do it in your garage and it will pay off big time.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that was my thoughts As Well. It's better to have it and not need something out on the trail.

Side note. It's good to know how to actually do some of the common repairs you may need to do trail side. Like tire repairs and belt changes. Just do it in your garage and it will pay off big time.

oh i already plan on the belt changing practice. I have a buddy with an OG maverick that rides on the dunes here in michigan. Going to have him come over and show me a couple tricks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
oh i already plan on the belt changing practice. I have a buddy with an OG maverick that rides on the dunes here in michigan. Going to have him come over and show me a couple tricks.
Make sure you have the belt change tools not all machines come with them.
Brp pn.
708200720 and 529000088

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Make sure you have the belt change tools not all machines come with them.
Brp pn.
708200720 and 529000088

would this tool work for the maverick sport too? rocky mountain says it's only good for the x3 models

·
Registered
179 Posts
I thought it was the same brp online parts catalog will have it. I'm fairly sure it's the same.

·
Registered
407 Posts
check out the husky box from home depot. fits almost perfect for about $60.
20200308_180904.jpg

Reactions: tommyxc

·
Registered
407 Posts
with a little patience, slide the head of the bolt down into the slots in the bed where the linq accessories go. its been a couple years since i did it, and just searched through my bolt bin till i got the right size, so don't remember what the size actually was. i put 4 of them in the bed. drilled holes in the bottom of the box and just bolted it to the bed. now we don't try to baja run the trails, but it is in there solid enough it doesn't move. not sure it would stay in on a 50 mph jump or rollover, but had no issues with it so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks great. I'm in Canada and don't see that box on any of our home depot websites. Would you have more details on this box that would aid in my search?

·
Registered
407 Posts
this is the one i have. i like it b/c with it mounted and a spare tire carrier above it i still have a view out the back with my mirror.

i did see a post where someone used the big one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts