Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
passenger rear shock started squeaking and went to inspect and this is what I found. Only 1 month old and rode 3 times. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Looks like the spherical bearing might have taken a crap....better see the dealer for a free shock replacement under warranty!

I'd also suggest getting rid of the junk o-rings that come stock on these shocks. Get a hold of Heavysledz on this forum....he has some quality o-ring replacements available that a lot of us are using. It's a problem solver and a "must-do" upgrade!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Whats it take to change them out for someone who sucks at fixing things?
I actually just did mine yesterday with the upgraded O-rings from heavysledz...

It Isn't too bad. 17mm Socket and an 8mm Allen?

Jack up the Bike so tires are in the Air, remove one Shock...

The Bushings or Metal Collars on mine were a bit of a PITA to remove after 60+ hours.. Took some prying and hammering with a Flat Screw Driver to get them out. Also Some penetratiing oil maybe necessary. (PB Blaster). Once you get those Busing or collars out, Remove the factory Seals. Clean up any dirt or Crap in there, Clean with Brake Clean and Blow out any excess and let dry. Apply some Grease to the metal busing / ball (I used High temp Wheel Bearing) re-assemble with New Seals.

On those Metal collars / busings. Also Clean those up real well with a Brush and Brake Clean. I applied some anti-seize before putting them back in to make sure next removal will be easier. Also Applied some anti-seize to the Shock Bolt too.

re-install...

Took me about 30-45min a corner. Most of the time was spent trying to remove those Stuck Bushings / Collars / Sleeves.... What ever you want to call'em

·
Registered
1 Posts
When driving at slow speeds, entering driveways, driving over speed bumps in parking lots, or driving on rough roads, a creak or squeak noise may be heard from the rear suspension. The noise may be caused from lack of lubrication at the ball joint area of the upper traling link(s).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Negative Peter. I changed every last one of the shock O rings and slapped some BRP marine grease in there and I haven't herd a peep from the suspension in two weeks. The dealer don't give two shits about how they put the machine together or how they reassemble it after they "check everything out" on the first service. My peace of mind comes from knowing that I have done the work myself and I am the only one to blame if a bolt backs out of the suspension squeaks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Did you use 'heavysledz' silicone o-rings? They are 1k better than the stock ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts