Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Alex, thanks for the info ^. I do have a second question in regards to the base 2016 turbo mav. If I do elect to save a few bucks and go with the base model, are you able to tune its compression only adjustable shock to be on par with the fully adjustable 2.5's? The machine would need to be setup for dune and desert riding.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts
Alex, thanks for the info ^. I do have a second question in regards to the base 2016 turbo mav. If I do elect to save a few bucks and go with the base model, are you able to tune its compression only adjustable shock to be on par with the fully adjustable 2.5's? The machine would need to be setup for dune and desert riding.

Thanks,

Ken
I can say this in good conscience, he made my maverick ride better than I thought was possible for a side by side. You won't be disappointed, night and day is the correct analogy.

Tim

EDIT SPELLING

Reactions: michigancrusher

·
Registered
349 Posts
^ Thanks Tim. Based on some of your posts and the posts of others, Alex's full shock service sounds like a must do upgrade. Did you have to make any major adjustments when you got your shocks back from Alex or were you able to just bolt them back on and have the perfect shock?

Ken

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I leave the compression adjusters in the softest position. They can increased as the driver gets more aggressive

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts
I can say this in god conscience, he made my maverick ride better than I thought was possible for a side by side. You won't be disappointed, night and day is the correct analogy.

Tim
I have not made any adjustments yet, I honestly could not find anything with the desert running I have done that needs improvement.

I will be at the dunes next weekend, so I will see how it reacts there.

Tim

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have not made any adjustments yet, I honestly could not find anything with the desert running I have done that needs improvement.

I will be at the dunes next weekend, so I will see how it reacts there.

Tim

Tim, thanks for the info. I'm definitely curious to hear how your machine does in the dunes. I would also like to know if you made any changes to your ride height after you got your shocks modified?

Ken

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts
Tim, thanks for the info. I'm definitely curious to hear how your machine does in the dunes. I would also like to know if you made any changes to your ride height after you got your shocks modified?

Ken
Now that we did do. We used the crossover ring setting Alex gave us and then I sat in it with a friend so it would be the correct weight assuming I have someone with me. We then set what we felt was a good ride height with some sag set in all weighted down.

The only thing I can't simulate here is a hard G out. So the good thing is I still have all the adjustment left as Alex left it on the softest setting.

Tim

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts
Alex, all the other by pass shocks I have dealt with are Zone based tube bypass. For a G out are we talking high speed compression ?

Tim

·
Registered
349 Posts
Now that we did do. We used the crossover ring setting Alex gave us and then I sat in it with a friend so it would be the correct weight assuming I have someone with me. We then set what we felt was a good ride height with some sag set in all weighted down.

The only thing I can't simulate here is a hard G out. So the good thing is I still have all the adjustment left as Alex left it on the softest setting.

Tim
When you got it set, was it higher or lower than the empty factory setting? I ask because my 14 seemed to turn better once we dropped the factory ride height down 1 inch on the factory 2.0 shocks.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Available on all maverick models. The most cost effective way to greatly reduce the bucking and rear end kick. $200

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.