Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've got stage 4's on my 2 seater. Gonna do a side by side comparison with a set of Alex's dual rate revalved 2.0's this coming weekend. I do like the elkas though
This should be fun! Look forward to testing a few things out in comparison. Two days away!

SMR- I can tell you the 2.0 revalved with dual rate are awesome! Not a single complaint. Made a huge difference.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
This should be fun! Look forward to testing a few things out in comparison. Two days away!

SMR- I can tell you the 2.0 revalved with dual rate are awesome! Not a single complaint. Made a huge difference.
Does it still ride smooth at low speeds ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Yes, and it's clicker style high and low speed compression adjustment. They also have 200cc reservoirs which over a period of time running hard keeps the shock oil temp down.
If I would've had the 2.5 fox shocks I wouldn't have hesitated to send them to Alex

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I will be running mine at Glamis this weekend for the first time since getting my shocks upgraded with the dual rate set up. I hoping it will be a night and day difference as everyone has claimed.

·
Registered
378 Posts
How much better can the 2.0's be made without HSCD or rebound adjusters? I'm wondering cause if they can be great for $975 I'm thinking about going that route. I know that the dual rate springs would help with the harshness in the initial part of the stroke but will a revalve make a huge difference throughout the rest of the stroke and better control rebound?

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
How much better can the 2.0's be made without HSCD or rebound adjusters? I'm wondering cause if they can be great for $975 I'm thinking about going that route. I know that the dual rate springs would help with the harshness in the initial part of the stroke but will a revalve make a huge difference throughout the rest of the stroke and better control rebound?
Night and day different

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do you recall what the shipping to and from Canada was, or anyone for that matter? I would at the very least like to get my rears revalved, though eventually I'd like to do your stretch kit and all new shocks.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
For 2 shocks I would guess around $100. Just make sure they don't have springs on them

·
Registered
144 Posts
I tried to go to your website but it brings up an error message.
PM me a price for your new lower rear arms along with a re-valve and/or spring kit for my Mav Max Turbo. It has the 2.5's
Thanks

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I tried to go to your website but it brings up an error message.
PM me a price for your new lower rear arms along with a re-valve and/or spring kit for my Mav Max Turbo. It has the 2.5's
Thanks
We're getting ready to have a new site build. That one has its issues from time to time. Shot an email to [email protected]@carolinatruggies.com and I'll get you fixed up

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Email replied to.

We can also do this for the XDS people that are tired of the buck and kick but are happy with the stock ride.

·
Premium Member
8,269 Posts
Email replied to.

We can also do this for the XDS people that are tired of the buck and kick but are happy with the stock ride.
Mine was bucking so much on the whoops, I kept looking for the rodeo clown.........

Tim

·
Registered
349 Posts
Alex, I'm thinking about picking up a 2016 XDS Turbo. I was curious if you'd had a chance to take a look at their shocks and if you can tune them with the same degree of success that you had with the 2015 XDS turbo shocks?

41 - 60 of 75 Posts