Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a known thing that the rear shock tune on the XRS Maverick is less than desirable. We've gone through numerous tunes leading up to our dual rate setup to maximize the factory springs and setup as much as possible at a very affordable price.

We modify the compression side and completely change to rebound side to fix some common complaints. We also add oil and up the nitrogen pressure.

This will result in a softer rear suspension along with a more controllable rear rebound that eliminates rear bucking and stays planted in the whoops.

$200 - please have your shocks clean with the springs removed. Turn around is generally one day and we can do same day tunes if needed.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Only if I can find someone local that wants to spend a day with me testing and tuning.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the same valving setup we use with the dual rate setup making upgrading in the future much easier.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any chance you have got the 2.0 dialed in yet? I'm planning on buying an Xxc soon & would like to upgrade. When you say it is the same as your full on setup, do you get a credit if you do the cheaper one first, then upgrade to the full setup?
I haven't worked on any 2.0s yet

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I am revalving rears for $200. We are also done tuning the 2.0 base model shocks, Max, and working on the XXC

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
do you have any idea what it would cost if i shipped you my 2.5 shocks and have them worked over then returned as well as a time frame
For the full dual rate setup or just a rear revalve?

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
We should have new hardware and springs in by the end of next week. We'll be ready for more shocks by then

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
let us now when you are ready. What is the cost for revavling with dual rates for the rears only? 2.5
I don't do the rears only with the dual rate.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
How much better can the 2.0's be made without HSCD or rebound adjusters? I'm wondering cause if they can be great for $975 I'm thinking about going that route. I know that the dual rate springs would help with the harshness in the initial part of the stroke but will a revalve make a huge difference throughout the rest of the stroke and better control rebound?
Night and day different

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
For 2 shocks I would guess around $100. Just make sure they don't have springs on them

1 - 20 of 27 Posts