Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a known thing that the rear shock tune on the XRS Maverick is less than desirable. We've gone through numerous tunes leading up to our dual rate setup to maximize the factory springs and setup as much as possible at a very affordable price.

We modify the compression side and completely change to rebound side to fix some common complaints. We also add oil and up the nitrogen pressure.

This will result in a softer rear suspension along with a more controllable rear rebound that eliminates rear bucking and stays planted in the whoops.

$200 - please have your shocks clean with the springs removed. Turn around is generally one day and we can do same day tunes if needed.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Once I get my car back I may do this.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
It's a known thing that the rear shock tune on the XRS Maverick is less than desirable. We've gone through numerous tunes leading up to our dual rate setup to maximize the factory springs and setup as much as possible at a very affordable price.

We modify the compression side and completely change to rebound side to fix some common complaints. We also add oil and up the nitrogen pressure.

This will result in a softer rear suspension along with a more controllable rear rebound that eliminates rear bucking and stays planted in the whoops.

$200 - please have your shocks clean with the springs removed. Turn around is generally one day and we can do same day tunes if needed.
You got a pair of shocks headed your way Monday.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only if I can find someone local that wants to spend a day with me testing and tuning.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is the same valving setup we use with the dual rate setup making upgrading in the future much easier.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Any chance you have got the 2.0 dialed in yet? I'm planning on buying an Xxc soon & would like to upgrade. When you say it is the same as your full on setup, do you get a credit if you do the cheaper one first, then upgrade to the full setup?

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any chance you have got the 2.0 dialed in yet? I'm planning on buying an Xxc soon & would like to upgrade. When you say it is the same as your full on setup, do you get a credit if you do the cheaper one first, then upgrade to the full setup?
I haven't worked on any 2.0s yet

·
Registered
546 Posts
Alex are you still revalving rears for $200? If so i will remove springs clean them up and get them to you. I got rebound all the way in, compression all the way out and it bucks like a mule. It was actually softer stock but didnt handle for shlt.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I am revalving rears for $200. We are also done tuning the 2.0 base model shocks, Max, and working on the XXC

·
Registered
546 Posts
Alex, do I need a spring compressor for these shocks? Or just loosen the spanner collars all the way til spring decompresses?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts