Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the heck do you get the rear seats out?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
You have to remove the 4 torx head bolts. There are 2 upper ones on the seat frame accessed from the rear of the car, and 2 at the seat base pedestal. Do yourself a favor and throw thos PITA torx bolts away, and install some 10mm hex head bolts in their place. Makes the job so much easier.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only two I can find on the back are 10mm HEX.....And I only seem to one at the base.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The seat is just held in by those 4 fasteners. (or 3 in your case?) Remove those and it comes right out.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
LOL LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

he copied scottdmax's sig and posted , LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dam Ive been reading youtubeing and forming this question...... why so hard?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can figure out how to put on doors, change a clutch and that my airfilter isn't in the front but these seats kicked my ass LOL.

Reactions: DuneDog

·
Registered
508 Posts
Getting the passenger side out is a pain. Haven't put it back in yet and I'm not looking forward to that left side bolt. In fact, it's 3:20am and I'm losing sleep thinking about it :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
If I would of started with the drivers side I would of figured it out easily but both bolts on the passenger side are hidden. Now that I've done it and found where to weave my arm into its easy.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I trimmed the vertical panels behind the seat about shoulder height down about 5" to the crossways bar that the seats bolt too, then took off the bed floor permanantly, the only thing I want back there is a small six pack cooler mount, now Im repositoning my airfilter to behind the passenger rear seat ontop instead of below by the tire, then the seats will be quick disconnect and very accessible...I will post some pics when Im done...the rear seat mounts are retarded and should be quick disconnect from the factory...can am really did some stupid designing on these four seaters, there is soo much wasted space in them and so many hidden nuts to the backs of hardware items its rediculous...the seat height and the two seater gas tank? really? totally lame.....we could have a twenty gallon fuel tank in these max's and still drop the seats 3 or 6 inches....I dropped my front 3 and my back 5...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts