Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a rear seat and removable rear cage available yet for the maverick? I have been wanting one for my kids but have yet to be able to find anyone making them yet. I want one of the easy removable ones

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I would think putting a seat back there would end up turning it into a crock pot. There is a massive amount of heat back there...I wouldn't want to sit back there unless some major shielding was installed.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If you wanted a back seat, why not just buy a 4 seat model. I could understand this thinking a few yrs back when a 4 seater was not vailable, but now? your just asking for trouble.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Yeah with the exhaust there it would be a pain, as well as the metal support under the cargo area. That portion of the frame would have to get cut out and that would also take out the rear section of the bed side supports.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not buy the 4 seater because my trailer will not fit a 4 seater it was too big. I have two small children and I think a rear seat would be perfect for them. I just found one made from UTV mountain. I would like to look at a couple different ones if they are available though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm working on making mine a 3 seater. the only major modification was relocating the battery under the seat and adding some tube work and heat shields. I don't think it has to look bad or even drastically alter the COG as long as it's for a kid. Here's a few pics as it's still a work in progress but you can get the idea. I still have to fab up am aluminum foot box and some grab handles etc... IMG_1833.JPG IMG_1839.JPG IMG_1909.JPG IMG_1910.JPG IMG_1912.JPG

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
very nice work!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I am not a fan of modifing a 2 seat vehicle into something that seats more people.Usually it will be unsafe and if I had children their life and well being would be way more important. However, I agree this mod looks good and it looks safe but not everyone will do a quality job.

Reactions: Malarki

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I am not a fan of modifing a 2 seat vehicle into something that seats more people.Usually it will be unsafe and if I had children their life and well being would be way more important. However, I agree this mod looks good and it looks safe but not everyone will do a quality job.
Gotta agree with dog on this one, very well put!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks everyone for the compliments, I would have liked to have just went with a 4 seater but there's no way it would have worked on the tight trails we ride around here. I have a very strong background in engineering and fabrication along with building rock buggies and several race car chassis for a hobby, safety was taken into consideration every step of the way, and i truly believe she's safer strapped into that seat than on her horse or 4 wheeler. I painted the cage last night and plan on installing it tonight or the weekend so I'll have some new pictures coming soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts