Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
I may pick up a set of the Assault rods, or even the super ATV, my budget will probably be about 500, a little harder to swing 8-900. Or I leave em alone, and buy a Dynojet CX instead... basicly dunes only...

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Thank you that is really helpful.

What steel did you use? and did you get it local her in Mesa? I'm wanting to do the same thing.

It also looks like you had to modify the plate on your hub, is that for this project or something you did another time?

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thank you that is really helpful.

What steel did you use? and did you get it local her in Mesa? I'm wanting to do the same thing.

It also looks like you had to modify the plate on your hub, is that for this project or something you did another time?
1.25” tubing can’t remember what wall. I believe I got it at industrial metal supply on 48st and Broadway. You will have to take you links and remove all Powdercoat to slide inside the new tubing though. I still have the jig I made and you can use it if you want.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
1.25” tubing can’t remember what wall. I believe I got it at industrial metal supply on 48st and Broadway. You will have to take you links and remove all Powdercoat to slide inside the new tubing though. I still have the jig I made and you can use it if you want.
That would be awesome!!

Did you put the factor bend back into the lower radius rod or just leave it straight?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking at the ZRP until I seen they use the KMX ends instead of JMX. I could easily sleeve my rods but am more concerned with getting rid of the play in the stock ends.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
I was looking at the ZRP until I seen they use the KMX ends instead of JMX. I could easily sleeve my rods but am more concerned with getting rid of the play in the stock ends.
Look at CT Raceworx: https://www.ctraceworx.com/shop-by-model/maverick-x3-72-inch/maverick-x3-72-billet-proof-high-clearance-radius-rods.html?___SID=U

Uniballs for the bottom rod and JMX rod ends for the mids and uppers. 7075 Aerospace aluminum with high clearance lowers.

Or if you want just 4130 moly rods but still with JMX ends they have these: https://www.ctraceworx.com/shop-by-model/maverick-x3-72-inch/maverick-x3-72-chromoly-race-series-radius-rod-kit.html

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Nice work. So I'm wondering what those holes are for that you made in the tubing?
Its called a Rosette weld, instead of just welding the ends you connect the middle also. Much stronger.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
315 Posts
Its called a Rosette weld, instead of just welding the ends you connect the middle also. Much stronger.

Ok that's pretty much what I was thinking. Thanks man, appreciate it.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts