Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 17’ X3 XDS I am running a mud tire I have a issue that has developed. So what the machine is doing, so anywhere between 30mph and up the ass end of the machine kicks from the passenger side towards the drivers in 2wd and if you really get on the gas it’s obviously way worse in 4wd it is not as bad. I really notice it on pavement, and some on gravel road. The first thing I checked was the nuts and bolts on the rear end, both rear axles look to be straight to the eye. Any constructive comments would be great. I can try to post some pictures tonight if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is dumb, but have you checked tire pressure? I have seen them off a few psi and can't noticeably tell by looking at them. For me it caused a huge pull to the left just driving.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Maybe you stripped the spline in the outer hub making it one wheel drive? Son did that on his Outlander, would push hard to one side under acceleration. Jack rear off the ground (tires not touching) with it in park, see if you can rotate either tire. Neither tire should rotate.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the ideas, gives me a starting point, will update here after tear a side apart.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is dumb, but have you checked tire pressure? I have seen them off a few psi and can't noticeably tell by looking at them. For me it caused a huge pull to the left just driving.
I actually thought I had a flat originally and that’s what was causing it. But they were both good.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You jacked the car up and made sure the cv joint was not busted inside the boot? Tim
Yes I jacked it up, so I pulled hub off just a bit ago the middle radius rod bolt is bent on passenger side and now it seems I have slop in the hub hole.... do you know how snug bolt is to start with? Or is there some play?

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Yes I jacked it up, so I pulled hub off just a bit ago the middle radius rod bolt is bent on passenger side and now it seems I have slop in the hub hole.... do you know how snug bolt is to start with? Or is there some play?

None. Tim

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
None. Tim

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Get the Toe rod connection fix kit from ST and new bolts (don't know if the kit comes with new ones), do both sides as you are at it.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Known problem. Hub at toe link starting to oval in shape. Next toe bolt will brake and you are stuck
Fix
Assault industries bracket $100
Shock therapy kit $100
Band aid for a while
ZRP billet double shear knuckles $1600
Permanent fix

·
Registered
38 Posts
Avoid the Assault double sheer bracket kit, the Shock Therapy's TLS kit is a better setup and all any normal rig needs. ZRP knuckles are great, but unless you're racing or want to throw a bunch of money at it, TLS kit is a solid permanent fix, it does come w the new bolts also in case you bent the stock ones.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts