Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to order a rear hitch for my Max that I will have here shortly. I have the Can Am hitch on my Maverick but I really like the looks of UTV Inc.s rear gusset hitch. Only problem is that they only have pictures of it in its raw state before it was finished. Found one picture of it installed but couldn't see much detail. Can someone please post a picture of their rear hitches installed?

·
Registered
492 Posts
My UTV bent like butter. I personally think it might actually damage the frame if you actually towed a trailer off road with it.

I can't speak for any of the others.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ill buy your can-am hitch

·
Registered
492 Posts
Stick a hitch in and step on it...flexes easy. It may work as a brace for the control arms, but as a hitch, it's a weak design.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The CanAm hitch is a different design.......not so much leverage. The way that UTV build theirs just begs to bend and flex.

I should have examined closer before buying it as I know better.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The CanAm hitch is a different design.......not so much leverage. The way that UTV build theirs just begs to bend and flex.

I should have examined closer before buying it as I know better.
Thanks for the info. I like the holes next to the receiver slots on the UTV Inc. hitch because it gives a place to strap it down, but not if it's flimsy. W ill go with can am hitch.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the UTV Inc hitch with a d ring installed in it so I can get winched out from the rear or pull other guys out from the rear. Ive used it numerous times and have been pulled out of some nasty stuff from the back and mine has not budged. Maybe yours was just weaker than all the others... I love mine.

Reactions: UTV Inc

·
Official Site Vendor
6,190 Posts
What pictures do you want. I would to snap some for you sir.

No one has called told me theirs have bent. Can you send me photos of yours and the setup your running?

·
Registered
492 Posts
You wont be able to see anything from photos.

Maybe I should call you guys. Between this and the cheasy roofs you have sent me.....

·
Registered
461 Posts
You wont be able to see anything from photos.

Maybe I should call you guys. Between this and the cheasy roofs you have sent me.....
Really dude? You're gonna put them on blast and not say anything to them about your problems? At least give them a chance to make it right before you try to deter everyone else from buying their product. No company is perfect and from time to time some inferior products slip through QC, but at least give them a chance to make it right before you tell everyone else their products are junk. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate somebody doing that about your work. I have had no problems with any of utvincs products and I would buy from them again for sure.

Reactions: Malarki

·
Registered
492 Posts
Really dude? You're gonna put them on blast and not say anything to them about your problems? At least give them a chance to make it right before you try to deter everyone else from buying their product. No company is perfect and from time to time some inferior products slip through QC, but at least give them a chance to make it right before you tell everyone else their products are junk. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate somebody doing that about your work. I have had no problems with any of utvincs products and I would buy from them again for sure.
They have been given chances in the past here, but I think if you have been reading much here, you would see that their general response to defective/inferior products has been to avoid and deny.

The problem with this hitch isn't a QC problem, it is with the design. Once I had it in my hand, I had my doubts and really didn't want to install it....but really didn't want to have to deal with sending it back and getting another brand either....so figured I would "Trust" the builder on this one.

It may work great for a recovery point where pulling back works fine, but as a hitch to tow a trailer around, it sucks.

I do however love mt UTV seat belts!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I gotcha. I have not used mine to pull anything except to drag a few all nighter logs for the camp fire. Worked good for that! I just use my truck to tow trailers... lol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If got the canam hitch and love it, have had to use it a few times for recovery and no problems. Have installed a tigertail now as well.
Waiting to use it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Guys over at UTV INC have taken care of me in the past with no issues. Good guys to deal with. I had to return some Harnesses and that was easy. Then had a door latch break and they sent me a new one right away.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts