Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear fender supports are ready to go. Available in yellow, black and soon red and white. Yellow and black will be kept in stock and red and white will be available upon order with a 1.5 week lead time roughly.
This promotes airflow around the top of the shocks and keeps mud and debris out of the back better than stock. Made from .095 aluminum. $125 for the pair plus shipping.

·
Registered
90 Posts
They look really cool, but theres hardly any room to work on anything back there as it is, not sure if I'd want another hinderance. . . .

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Does that actually add support to the rear fenders so they are more solid?

Here's a product idea for you that I'd like to see. How about removing that ATV rack and replace it with something more solid that fills the whole rear cargo area and keeps exhaust heat from 'curling' back into the cockpit? Put some nice tie downs built into it and maybe even mount it a bit lower than the rack.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
They look really cool, but theres hardly any room to work on anything back there as it is, not sure if I'd want another hinderance. . . .
They aren't any more of a hinderance than the stock plastic ones. They just don't melt. I had these made after my second ride. By the way those look great Alex.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does that actually add support to the rear fenders so they are more solid?

Here's a product idea for you that I'd like to see. How about removing that ATV rack and replace it with something more solid that fills the whole rear cargo area and keeps exhaust heat from 'curling' back into the cockpit? Put some nice tie downs built into it and maybe even mount it a bit lower than the rack.
Yes they add a lot of rigidity to the rear fenders. My fender sages down about an inch and a half before I put this on.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Raw finish cut the price down any Alex?
Yes, price goes down to $100. I will warn you that the edges will be rough as nothing cuts aluminum clean (except a water jet) enough, even the laser so there will be cleanup needed.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As Andy said they're no more of a hinderance than stock. I'm not sure what you would have to work on in the rear often enough to be a hinderance anyway.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do have a aluminum plate that goes under the rack that is more of a mud protector than anything. Building a rack for production would get pretty involved and being that it would have to be aluminum to not add so much weight would make it pricey. I wouldn't have time to tackle something like that till the beginning of the year but I'll add that to the list.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I do have a aluminum plate that goes under the rack that is more of a mud protector than anything. Building a rack for production would get pretty involved and being that it would have to be aluminum to not add so much weight would make it pricey. I wouldn't have time to tackle something like that till the beginning of the year but I'll add that to the list.
I figure it would have to be pricey if you design it to hold any decent weight on outer edges as well as seal heat out of cockpit. Just a thought anyhow.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice product. I have been thinking about getting some of theses

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
No black on the website.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Thanks