Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think your on to something scott but the big thing with others having the problem is make sure your dealers stand up for you because can am dont want to warranty

·
Registered
207 Posts
So crazy how could they not want to warranty that.... so bullshit 5 hours on a machine that was 20k??? My dealer guy seemed very cool I would hope he wouldnt stand for that. We shall see. Well I hope they fix both of our issues.

·
Registered
207 Posts
No im dropping it off on monday. Getting blingstar doors harnesses utv gusset utv inc rear cage 10 hour serv and checking clicking. I hope its nothing but im sure its something. I read anothervpost guy said they wouldnt warranty cvs either? Guess ill find out next week whats the word on yurs?

·
Registered
46 Posts
First try they put new cv joint in can am covered it now can am sent 2 new axles on them supposed to be done monday. Got the first sercice done as well they broke my balls bout being rough with it i said i been real easy on it waiting on the service wait till i start useing it hope the axles take care of the problem if not prolly just sell it and get a xp sick of this already d

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well it kinda seems like its just you and I on here complaining about this so I think they should be able to fix our problems Im very irritated about as well and havent even told my girl there is a problem she would loose it lol.... Ill hit ya back mid next week and let you know the findings. Anyways good luck with yours I got my fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Mine went in today. Rode a. Little bit a few days ago. Clicking got real bad. Sounded like the rear end was gonna grenade in the parking lot of the dealership. Hope it's a quick easy fix.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Like i said i hope this isnt going to be a ongoing problem i know of 2 others not on here same thing i get mine back tomorrow again hope its the last time it happens good luck doug make sure they cover it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well. They called and told me they couldn't hear anything. After they must've ripped up and down the asphalt and tore my tires up! So I drove the mechanic around in it, heard the clicking, they said "sounded normal" and to just keep driving it and if it breaks bring it back cause its under warranty anyway. Nice.....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Brad got mine back today from 10 hour they said mine was nothing as well. They said it was probably a rock stuck in my wheel I was hearing I looked and the inside of my while was thrashed pretty bad. My mav was on a trailer when I picked it up today Im taking it out tomorrow so we will see if its good???

·
Registered
207 Posts
Brad I took mine out yesterday first ride after 10 hour service I didnt hear any clicking but now my breaks squeek a little and now that I am ripping on it I realize mine doesnt hit 8000rpm either its only hitting 7400-7500 so thats pretty disappointing. Always something to feel honest it feels fine, if i wasnt on here and knew that its supposed to hit 8000 or 8100 rpms every time then I would probably be fine. But now that I know it bothers me cause im probably loosing on on the strongest part of my rpm range. Always something lol..... :) That being said I still love my machine just wanna figure it out! Hope youre having good luck with yours.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Everyone's brakes make a lil noise

And everyone's mavericks rpm's is the same . punch it 10 times in a row and 5 of them will hit 7800-8000 rpm !

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im good i got mine back yeterday new axles no clicking really happy just need new clutch spring now so it will hit 8000the rpm's myself

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had a slight tick which turned into a popping sound and ended up being a cv joint going bad, its at the dealer getting fixed right now

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I wonder why some of the CV joints are going bad? I got 950 miles on mine and no problems yet. Must be some bad quality control somewhere along the line there.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I think I may have messed it up somewhat when the rear tie rod broke and put my rear wheel at an extreme angle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive got 150 miles on mine and I noticed a clicking since the second day I had it. Mainly hear it like the others are saying...turning in reverse. I may take the cvs apart and put some good grease in them. But Ill probably just let it keep doing it till it breaks and then take it for warrany, sell the new axles and buy one of the AM brands that seem to be holding up in the mavs. I have ran the piss out of mine since break in, hills, roads, creeks, drifting, ramping and they haven't gotten any worse.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts